What's The Most You've Spent Settup Up A Cache?

I'm working on my next puzzle cache. It's ambitious. So much so that I've lost track of what it's costing me to set it up.

Concrete: $5

3/4" plywood: $15

Hardware: $8

Set of Technical Drawing Pens: $80

Ammo Can: $4

Router Attachment for my Dremel: $20

Router bits: $18

Flourescent Pink Spray Paint $5

Sculpey Modeling Clay: $10

Translucent Sculpey: $4

Embossing Powder: $3

And now I'm thinking about getting a real router for about $120

I cannot put a price on the 100+ hours I've spent carving, drawing, scouting.

(edit to add some forgotten items)

Concrete tint: $5

Rebar: $4

This is getting out of hand. :smile:

Granted I'm going to have some nice tools and drawing pens when I'm done, but I wouldn't have spent all this if it wasn't for this damnable cache idea.

Edited by BillsBayou

I put out a terracache (Banjo Music aka Why is Daddy Crying?) that cost about $120. $160 if you want to count the money I spent on gas.

My average regular sized cache costs me $30 to $50.

My average event cache (hosted) costs me about $75 to $150. (Most events I attend cost me about $25 to $50 because I don't drink cheap alcohol and I ALWAYS bring enough to share.)

My micros usually cost less than $5.

Edited by Snoogans

Well over 100 on a cache sitting no my shelf waiting for the perfect location. Well over 100 on another one that should go out this spring (though the FTF prize won't be anything near $100...)

However I feel completely free to spend nothing on a cache as well and use the junk laying around my house for the container and log book etc.

$15 on the container and camo tarp, and the following new items:

logbook and pen, 24 CD organizer, Brad Thor's State of the Union paperback, bota, toaster, Western Carolina University stadium cushion, Lock-and-Lock container, CD storage rack, Geocaching.com t-shirt (Youth Medium), AM/FM clock radio, giant coloring/activity book, All of Me DVD, can of tennis balls, Nerf football, inflatable boom bars, two kites, Magnetix set, tool box, solar calculator, mini stapler set, combination padlock, three piece camping utensil set, flashlight, garlic press, bag of marbles, 16 ounce insulated mug, Starman DVD, ceramic Edward Jones coffee mug, USB cable, hand sanitizer, George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine, and a frisbee.

6743fff3-6aa1-43e8-8b5d-d225b1f32fc3.jpg

Concrete: $5

3/4" plywood: $15

Hardware: $8

Set of Technical Drawing Pens: $80

Ammo Can: $4

Router Attachment for my Dremel: $20

Router bits: $18

Flourescent Pink Spray Paint $5

Sculpey Modeling Clay: $10

Translucent Sculpey: $4

Embossing Powder: $3

Concrete tint: $5

Rebar: $4

Getting muggled 24 hours after placing it: Priceless :ph34r:

Seriously, I hope that doesn't happen. Good luck.

It depends on the cache size.I started out between $10.00-$20.00 buying from the dallor store but now I am shopping at walmart and sporting good stores.I have 2 ammo cans ready to place.Each has about $50.00 worth not including the FTF that I spent a few hours making.My better half said I was obsessed with caching.I said NOT ME .