Sneaky Lunchtime Geocaching

Can one get one's profile page to play music, in the way that some cache pages do? My sister kindly gave me a Roobarb DVD for Christmas, so I can provide the WAV file!

In a fight between Roobarb theme and Bod theme, Roobarb wins everytime. (Captain Pugwash could give it a run for it's money though).

Whenever I hear / think of the Roobarb theme, I also have to resist the urge to do the legs / arms action.

da d-la daa, da d-la daaa, da d-la da da daaa.

I don't think the animator was any relation to me though (same surname)

Don't buy her any flowers - she'll definitely be suspicious!

:) I have the DVD at home of all the Roobard episodes. Is that sad?! The theme tune is available here , but I'm not sure how good it is as I don't have speakers on my work computer. Of course at least that means I can view my profile page and not drive my collegues nuts! <_<

I wish someone would bring out a compilation of a couple of episodes of all the cartoons from my childhood; it would be a great trip down memory lane.

Oooh oooh, I met the chap who was the chief stunt rider for The Flashing Blade (yes I can sing the sig!!) and some of his team at one of my events one time (1988!!). Lovely chap... couldn't half stick away the booze. They could do some truly impressive horse riding stunts, too.

Edited by Alibags

<_< I have the DVD at home of all the Roobard episodes. Is that sad?! The theme tune is available here , but I'm not sure how good it is as I don't have speakers on my work computer. Of course at least that means I can view my profile page and not drive my collegues nuts! :)

I wish someone would bring out a compilation of a couple of episodes of all the cartoons from my childhood; it would be a great trip down memory lane.

LOL, I thought I'd check your your profile page (to hear your music) and was curious as to why you go skiing in a jet?! :)

PS, if you worried I'm losing it, see hobby list...

:lol: I have the DVD at home of all the Roobard episodes. Is that sad?! The theme tune is available here , but I'm not sure how good it is as I don't have speakers on my work computer. Of course at least that means I can view my profile page and not drive my collegues nuts! <_<

LOL, I thought I'd check your your profile page (to hear your music) and was curious as to why you go skiing in a jet?! :)

:) Doh, thanks Kate. I have corrected the error, so anyone looking now will think you have lost it :):D

:) I have the DVD at home of all the Roobard episodes. Is that sad?! The theme tune is available here , but I'm not sure how good it is as I don't have speakers on my work computer. Of course at least that means I can view my profile page and not drive my collegues nuts! <_<

LOL, I thought I'd check your your profile page (to hear your music) and was curious as to why you go skiing in a jet?! :D

:) Doh, thanks Kate. I have corrected the error, so anyone looking now will think you have lost it :):lol:

:) oh thats just great. Now I'm having an identity crisis, and people will think I've lost it.

I'm the 'Geo' part of Geo-Kate; Geoff :)

:D

LOL, I thought I'd check your your profile page (to hear your music) and was curious as to why you go skiing in a jet?! :D

:) Doh, thanks Kate. I have corrected the error, so anyone looking now will think you have lost it :):lol:

:) oh thats just great. Now I'm having an identity crisis, and people will think I've lost it.

I'm the 'Geo' part of Geo-Kate; Geoff :D

:)

:D Bwah ha ha. Sorry mate!

I thought Geo-Kate was Kate aswell, until I got an email from Geoff. <_<

:) Oh thats just fantastic! Is that why you were so keen to welcome me to the forum? You thought I was a she :)

Maybe I should think of a way to make it clearer that there is a Geoff and a Kate in Geo-Kate....

Oh, sorry for hi-jacking the thread!

Edited by Geo-Kate

<_< Have you considered the profile name 'Geoff-Kate' ? :)

And in a vague attempt to keep this remotely on topic:

I have completed pretty much all my local caches here so lunchtime ones out of the question. So when I move to my next post, I will leave the closer ones for lunchtime and evening walks do further afield caches at the weekends. The real bonus of a military career is not getting shot at, but having new caching areas every couple of years. :)

<_< Have you considered the profile name 'Geoff-Kate' ? :)

And in a vague attempt to keep this remotely on topic:

I have completed pretty much all my local caches here so lunchtime ones out of the question. So when I move to my next post, I will leave the closer ones for lunchtime and evening walks do further afield caches at the weekends. The real bonus of a military career is not getting shot at, but having new caching areas every couple of years. :)

As a (soon to be) driving instructor, I guess it depends where I pull up for lunch! That's quite a good idea actually....

And Geoff-Kate doesn't have the same ring, and of courece releveance to GEOcaching! :)

EDIT: just occured, regarding the earlier post about the skiing and your avator, I can't belive I didn't mention 'jet-skiing'!

Edited by Geo-Kate

I snuck out today for this cache despite it being between 900 and 1000 metres up... well, it had only snowed 2cm down here. But there was between 30 and 50cm of snow on the ground, with over a metre between the car park and ther trail courtesy of the snow ploughs.

Did this stop me ? Nahhh. I always have my walking boots and waterproof trousers with me in the office... well not always, but I did today, "for some reason" (nochalant whistling).

Can one get one's profile page to play music, in the way that some cache pages do? My sister kindly gave me a Roobarb DVD for Christmas, so I can provide the WAV file!

ssshhh ... i never told you and I never dragged it off topic again ... ;):P;)

upload the wav file to somewhere on the net then put this somewhere within your profile.

<embed src="http:// insert uploaded wav file web address here " autoplay="true" loop="true" hidden="true" volume="100">

Cartoons, pah, what you need is proper drama like White Horses, Robinson Crusoe, Casey Jones and The Flashing Blade.

I never really got White Horses, but I loved the other three. If I ever hear that piece of music that was used as the Robinson Crusoe theme I'm away to another place entirely - truly mesmerising. As for the Flashing Blade, it's timeless. Now that I have it on DVD I've actually managed to see all of the episodes (including the last one which was never dubbed into English from the original French), something I never quite managed during those 1970s summer holidays. And my six years old son also loves the series too.

Wonder how long it will be before the rest of the Mount View team insist you get your own caching ID like we did to Renegade Rabbit :unsure::unsure::unsure: Knew you would be back out doing your secret lunchtime caching once the sun started shining again! Liane :unsure:

Liane - they need never find out. I dont think any of the rest of the gang have discovered this forum yet :huh: . The only possible loophole I can think of is if my Son logs into the Chat Room, and you happen to be online. You wouldnt be so cruel......would you?

Wow - what a lot of responses. There seems to be 2 themes going on here. One regarding sneaky caching, and the other seems to be going along an 80s cartoon sort of theme. Well, for all you old cartoon lovers out there, wallow in nostalgia by checking out the following link.

http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/index.php

But be careful, you might lose yourself for hours once you start looking. And there are quite a few theme tunes on there as well, so be careful, because you know very well that once you have heard it again that will be in your head all day. Enjoy. :unsure::unsure::unsure: