Cacher Of The Month

Cheers Adam :D

Another fairly quiet month for me (one less than last month :) ).

But I've had a couple of good caching trips, and had fun falling off stiles and struggling through freezing fog etc :smile:

Might book some holidays in March and "step it up" a bit :D I can hear the call of the Peaks :D:D:D

Edited by Nediam
:):D Mixed emotions for us this month. A very poor score for COTM as had no time to cache, but on the plus side, we got married, honeymooned and moved 2 house into one! Can't see next month being any better as we now have to move that one house 450 miles and settle into new posts/jobs and schools. Looking forward to the quiet life again :smile:

I've had a really good month for me...

I've been house hunting lots, and so not cached as much as I'd have liked, but I finally plucked up the courage to go Solo caching, which was a big deal for me, as I'd always been very wary of doing so... Instead I've found I really like caching alone!!

I've had a really good month for me...

I've been house hunting lots, and so not cached as much as I'd have liked, but I finally plucked up the courage to go Solo caching, which was a big deal for me, as I'd always been very wary of doing so... Instead I've found I really like caching alone!!

:D another sad :) and lonely female wandering the wirral streets

ahh Hazel :smile:

well done for getting out solo, now just got to get you night caching.

a good month for me passed my 350 :D and managed a good 20 more caches than usual., expecting a little bit higher up the mid table :D

Iain the bargee

I see the rules page has changed, but I'm not sure everyone reads the rules each time they enter. Did the email ever go out? If so, I must have missed it.

Also, I'm not sure the rules on activating non-travelling TBs and coins are very clear. I know I've just had the conversation with some others, and we all find it confusing.

T

P&T, I never did get round to sending that email I'm afraid, I'll get it sorted. I'll add a note on the submit results page.

Regarding the rules:

3. Travel bugs and Geocoins will be counted on the day you picked them up. All bugs/coins need to be picked up to be moved to be counted. Travel bugs or Geocoins logged out and then back into caches or events do not count.

4. Travel bugs released applies to newly activated by you and released that month.

Is it #4 that is confusing? Is your point that it should perhaps restrict it to coins/TBs released into caches not activated and sitting in collections?

I don't think we should get too worried about the rules as its only for fun but understand that they should be as clear as possible.

Thanks for your input.

:) Can't find the submit results page when logged in <_<

This appears below our user name when logged in:-

Thank you for registering to take part in Cacher of the Month. You need to validate your email address before submitting results. Please check your email account for a link to follow to enable your account or contact me if you're having any difficulty.

Clicked on the link in the email and got an error !

Edited by Cave Troll and Eeyore

Posted my results.

A good month - would have been a bit better had i not had 14 DNF's! 12 of those in London which was about 25% failure rate! You know sometimes you can have trips where everything falls into place - parking easily found, find right route and cache easily, no muggles, etc (a bit like last night when i did 4 in 35 mins!), well my days in London wasnt one of those! I think at the time i wished i hadnt bothered! I know it comes down to cache selection and i just didnt get it quite right. Maybe next time!

I'm in the process of sorting out some reminder emails. Don't want to accidently send out a few hundred emails though so I'm being careful! Initally, I'll send them out to all users but it will have a link to disable future reminders if you so wish.

I sent them out on the 10th.

Edit to say, they were sent out via the webserver so AOL users who didn't get the registration emails that were sent out the same way might not have got a reminder. If this is a problem, I will send them out from my email account instead.

Edited by adambro

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm enjoying working on it. I'll be making it so you can sort by other columns and so it will actually show your position for different sorts.

Regarding logging in, yes I'm sure I can maintain the sessions for longer, I'll create a 'remember me' type choice.

Congrats to Mattwaggie for getting the top spot ;):D;)

congrats? - for spending more money than the rest of us????

It was the 19 trackables released into caches

????? - cant wait till these coins make their way down to caches down here if they have been released - impressive icon/geocoin list there is there, it would be great to find them! But I dont think they will - they are still sitting a long past event waiting to return to a collection, hardly being released into geocaches!

Congrats to Mattwaggie for getting the top spot :D;);)

????? - cant wait till these coins make their way down to caches down here if they have been released - impressive icon/geocoin list there is there, it would be great to find them! But I dont think they will - they are still sitting a long past event waiting to return to a collection, hardly being released into geocaches!

I've never featured high up in the COTM comp, and I probably never will... but I have a real problem.

Coin collectors who's coins sit in a folder on their desk and get dragged around Meets to be logged then get "reclaimed" by the owner and then when they get logged out again, they claim the numbers as a move.

Now, I'm not saying that Matt, or any other person high up the table did this - but I did overhear a collector at a meet tell another cacher not to replace the coins he logged into the designated cache as he wanted to do it "for the points on COTM"

Surely this is not playing ball???

Congrats to Mattwaggie for getting the top spot ;);):D

I've never featured high up in the COTM comp, and I probably never will... but I have a real problem.

Coin collectors who's coins sit in a folder on their desk and get dragged around Meets to be logged then get "reclaimed" by the owner and then when they get logged out again, they claim the numbers as a move.

Now, I'm not saying that Matt, or any other person high up the table did this - but I did overhear a collector at a meet tell another cacher not to replace the coins he logged into the designated cache as he wanted to do it "for the points on COTM"

Surely this is not playing ball???

Totally agree, coins that just get passed around as part of a collection shouldn't be counted as TBs released even if they are logged into an (event) cache, unless they are REALLY released in to the wild (with a mission of some sort) where they could spend their life as a proper trackable.

In my simple eyes, that's just counting for the sake of numbers !!!

The COTM table clearly says Travel Bugs. NOT trackables, NOT coins ............... I thought TBs were thoses dog tag things you can buy to fix to an item and sent it out on it's travels.

Maybe the COTM tables should drop TBs altogether as this discussion seems to go on every month.

Just count caches.

End of rant....... :D