Wyoming Coins?

Slammer180

First he shipped most on March 1st. Then he shipped all last week. Then he shipped all this week. Now he shipped all but 30 today. I'm sitting with JayBee. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks just the same for your efforts Bryan.

Interesting, got mine in Tacoma today, postmark is 3/27 (this Monday).

No code inside at all, had to go through the other forum page to get the website to activate on. Activation worked ok.

Nothing in NY. I don't think it's a stretch to say we are witnessing the most egregious abuse in the history of geocoin sales. The untold delays, outright lies, and lack of communication suggest a lack of good intentions from the start. This guy should be banned from the site, no questions asked, and that's just for starters.

Nothing in NY. I don't think it's a stretch to say we are witnessing the most egregious abuse in the history of geocoin sales. The untold delays, outright lies, and lack of communication suggest a lack of good intentions from the start. This guy should be banned from the site, no questions asked, and that's just for starters.

I don't know if he should necessarily be banned from the site. But I can't imagine him posting another coin sale without a mountain of critisism coming down on him.

I've seen where others in AZ have received their coins, but I'm still waiting. Considering alot of people are stating that their postmarks are for the 27th, I still have hope.

The true irony would be for all outstanding shipments to arrive today. (considering the date.)

I don't know if he should necessarily be banned from the site. But I can't imagine him posting another coin sale without a mountain of critisism coming down on him.

The true irony would be for all outstanding shipments to arrive today. (considering the date.)

Really, all he'd have to do if he wanted to sell another coin was to make up a new geocaching nickname and a new Paypal account... Nothing hard or difficult about it and it would provide quite a bit of cover for Russ.

Visited with Ross this morning. The final mailing is boxed up and ready to go out Monday. Some orders are already in the mail and should be received Monday. Sorry for the long wait. Many-many lessons have been learned and for sure will not be repeated.

You know we all blame Ross for not posting the truth. What about dblrngr. On Mar 12th he was to go out on monday. He was not the one doing the coins or the shipping but this person was talking with ross.

Richard

Edited by GeoCrickets

I don't agree. Dblrlgr was only passing information on. Something that the seller of the coin should have done. You can not hold him/her responcible for anyone elses action. He was only passing on what he was led to believe and if you read all of the post it sounded like he was trying to help out a friend but the friend "screwed" him over more than us. If anything we all are to blame for listening to the seller each time he said they were mailed out and believing him.

I agree with Slammer180.

We really don't need to go extend this problem past the seller's responsibilities, do we? I suggest we stop it there and hope everyone continues to get their coins.

You are right and people are now getting their coins. However some people still think they will not see the coins orderd. I think the coins will get to everyone. I paid for to coins myself and hope to get them soon. I have not set up trades for the extra coin so I'm in no rush to get them. They will get to me and when they do I will be happy.

Richard

:huh: Well, here goes, I'm about to give me $.02 worth (take it for what it's worth). I've written on this thread before about my knowledge of what's going on (which is minimal at best). I have been as nervous as anybody about getting my coins. I met Ross one time and that was at a geoevent he hosted in Casper, Wyoming last summer. My impressions of him at the time were that he was a personable young man, easy to talk to, knowledgeable about geocaching and geocoins. I also met one of his best friends who helped him with the event and I even met his father. I tried to get this friend of his to encourage him to do the right thing which did no good. I have written to him several times and he has responded but not given me any details. They all seemed like great people and we had a great time. I do not for a moment condone Ross' behavior in the Wyoming geocoin fiasco. He did almost everything wrong as far as I can see. All of his problems are of his own doing. He should have more upfront with his customers. Yet on the other hand, he is not a criminal. He should not be tarred and feathered and ran out of town, sitting backwards on a horse. His friends should not be blamed for what he has done. He screwed up and he probably knows that as much as you and I do. He should apologize. He should make amends in some way. We are all a family and we feel we have been betrayed. We will get over it and life will go on. I feel badly for people who don't have their coins and I hope they get them soon. I got mine on Thursday so I feel much better and I can write this response without a 'hangin rope' in my hands. We all have our perspective and we have our views and putting them forward is what this forum is about. I do not now nor have I ever felt Ross did any of this intentionally. He has merely gotten in over his head and his pride has kept him from posting the apology we would all like to see.

<_< As with many others, my package was mailed the 27th!

First he shipped most on March 1st. Then he shipped all last week. Then he shipped all this week. Now he shipped all but 30 today. I'm sitting with JayBee. I'll believe it when I see it.

No code inside at all, had to go through the other forum page to get the website to activate on. Activation worked ok.

And still nothing for me, and I'm only a little north of you... :(

No WY here yet. This is getting freaking rediculous!

AtlantaGal, will probably get ours on the same day. I am still waiting on 4 coins in Florida. Let me know when you get yours and Ill get mine about 4 hours later.

;)

At the rate we're going, you and I will still be posting that we have not received these coins in June!

And still nothing for me, and I'm only a little north of you... :blink:

My one Pewter coin arrived today, and I hear from Nurse Dave that our group coins arrived there last Friday... ;)