Wyoming Coins?

Slammer180

This is so not about the post office. The mail gets where it is going quickly and efficiently with very few packages getting lost. I am not waiting on coins but have watched this unfold and find it disappointing at best. We all trade in good faith here and this is truly the first time I have seen that trust so blatantly violated. We all know how soon to expect a package. Delays happen but they are the exception and not the rule. Looking back at earlier posts everyone was patient and understanding with the delays. They seemed reasonable and we have all been there. As the days turned to weeks and weeks to months most people felt betrayed, cheated, and angry. The coin producer continues to log onto the site yet refuses to step forward and explain his actions or inaction. Most people here would step forward to help him resolve the situation if given the chance. We learn something new every day. How sad to lose so much over so little.

This is so not about the post office. The mail gets where it is going quickly and efficiently with very few packages getting lost. I am not waiting on coins but have watched this unfold and find it disappointing at best. We all trade in good faith here and this is truly the first time I have seen that trust so blatantly violated. We all know how soon to expect a package. Delays happen but they are the exception and not the rule. Looking back at earlier posts everyone was patient and understanding with the delays. They seemed reasonable and we have all been there. As the days turned to weeks and weeks to months most people felt betrayed, cheated, and angry. The coin producer continues to log onto the site yet refuses to step forward and explain his actions or inaction. Most people here would step forward to help him resolve the situation if given the chance. We learn something new every day. How sad to lose so much over so little.

Well said. I concur 100%.

This has NOTHING to do with the USPS or our rain.

Okay, I'll concede the rain. But it IS about the USPS. Or are the coins coming via some other organized delivery service?

It would have been nice if you had leveraged your acquaintance with WYlostinMA to give the thread reassurances the coins have shipped. :unsure:

I didn't order one, but I'm eager to see one in person, ESPECIALLY in a cache, even if it's raining. It is a nice design.

There's joy in Mudville tonight!

Yes, the PCC order arrived in Seattle today - 42 bronze and 2 pewter Wyoming coins, all accounted for. It came via USPS Priority Mail box, for those wondering.

Huge sigh of relief, and I hope Bullitt's club order arrives tomorrow in California!

Special thanks to all who 'encouraged' Ross to ship his merchandise, esp. Bryan.

And Marky was right: the glass was half-full, after all!

Edited by hydnsek

Okay, I'll concede the rain. But it IS about the USPS. Or are the coins coming via some other organized delivery service?

It would have been nice if you had leveraged your acquaintance with WYlostinMA to give the thread reassurances the coins have shipped. :unsure:

I didn't order one, but I'm eager to see one in person, ESPECIALLY in a cache, even if it's raining. It is a nice design.

Yes, it would have been nice, but also completely pointless. Most people have gone way past the point of reassurance. It wouldn't matter if I WAS Ross. He hasn't read this thread for weeks, and I don't blame him.

This coin took 4 months from idea to artwork and ordering, and all along with arms-in-the-air by some over how long it was taking and yet they still ordered some. It's now been 4 more months and some days till you got them. Did you expect any less? Seriously. No SERIOUSLY. Your woes are of your own making.

It's now been 4 more months and some days till you got them. Did you expect any less? Seriously. No SERIOUSLY. Your woes are of your own making.

Well no, actually -- the issue is just the actions, and extra time involved, in the last month. I think everyone was quite understanding during all of the previous delays that were not Ross's fault (using KV coins, lost shipment, vacation, etc). the "up in arms" part came when he had received the coins (and activated his) for a whole month before sending any out to the buyers. And the fact that he wasn't communicating with anyone as to the status (and when he finally did respond -- his reponse turned out to not be the truth).

Hope this isn't considered a personal attack, that is not my intention. This is just a statement of events, and an explanation of why people are "a tad" upset.

Windrose

Yes, it would have been nice, but also completely pointless. Most people have gone way past the point of reassurance. It wouldn't matter if I WAS Ross. He hasn't read this thread for weeks, and I don't blame him.

This coin took 4 months from idea to artwork and ordering, and all along with arms-in-the-air by some over how long it was taking and yet they still ordered some. It's now been 4 more months and some days till you got them. Did you expect any less? Seriously. No SERIOUSLY. Your woes are of your own making.

Gee ... sure sounds like a response Ross would give.

Actually, I had no problem with the delays right up to the point where they were delivered while he was on vacation and he said he would ship them when he returned - and then he DIDN"T. He CHOSE TO LIE TO EVERYONE - REPEATEDLY.

4 months from idea to ordering? So what? From the purchasing side, I could care less if takes 4 hours or 4 years - I'm not involved in the process at that point. I'll wager that most of the people that ordered the coin didn't become involved untl they were available for ordering.

The only "woe" of my own making here is still being concerned at any level about giving someone my money who has so far refused to honor his end of the bargain. Did I expect any less? No.

Seriously. No SERIOUSLY.

As of today, all coins have been shipped.

It would have been nice if you had leveraged your acquaintance with WYlostinMA to give the thread reassurances the coins have shipped. :D

Without a personal attack on you or the person responsible for this coin, as you can see he has enterd a post in this forum 9 days ago saying that he has sent the coins. This wasn't the first post where he's said he's sent the coins. I have also seen his name at the bottom of the forums that he's been watching the forums. I've found the people that are involved in coin collecting and minting are very trusting as far as trades and selling. That is until this coin came out. I think that if the person who sold this coin came out and stated that he was having problems that someone would have come forward to assist. Instead we were misguided. I know with me that is the issue. My 2 cents.

Mine was dated March 23rd. Appears to have been at post office window postage. With their first class stamp.

Though from the address label, I can see where these would be delayed...

No spaces between city state zip

and then my ID below that, and then coin type and qty.

So basically:

my name and address

CityST11111

Not So Lost Puppies

B5

Clearly not postal standard, certainly would mess with the automatic readers.

:D:D:D I can barely explain how happy I am today! There are now Wyoming coins in Wyoming! They are just gorgeous and my favorites so far. They may have taken a log time to get here and I have to admit I was nervous a few times along the line even though I had faith in Ross. I'm happy that we can take a deep breath and really enjoy our coins and move on to the next crisis.

:)

Now that is interesting, I still have not seen my Wyoming coin in MD. I am thinking at this point that its not going to happen. This is just a guess, but its hard for me to believe all of the coins went out considering some of us still have seen nothing. I am giving it until tomorrow and then I am doing what I need to do.

I am changing my Wyoming coin on my cointracking list from incoming to seeking. I think I need a trade!

Edited by SoMDCacherz

Every thing is looking better today! Mailman just delivered my Silver Wyoming coin. I know now what the holdup was. Coins were manufactored buy the one and only KV Coin, Theres the BIG problem!!!!!!

Keep smilling all you coin people, them tar coins is in the mail. :D:D

Edited by DHobby1

Strange!! :)

I didn't even order these and this is the first thread I look for everytime I get on the forums. :D

Know what you mean. Not only didn't I order any, but I'm not really what you'ld call a collector and I'm watching this online soap opera like a hawk! I think my brother's posts sucked me in! Yeah, that's it. I'll blame HIM. :grin:

Strange!! B)

I didn't even order these and this is the first thread I look for everytime I get on the forums. :lol:

Know what you mean. Not only didn't I order any, but I'm not really what you'ld call a collector and I'm watching this online soap opera like a hawk! I think my brother's posts sucked me in! Yeah, that's it. I'll blame HIM. :lol:

You can blame me if you want. Evidently, you don't have enough to do at work. B) What's your boss' phone number?

Just got off the phone with Mrs. Shop99er, and she sez mine arrived!!

Edited by Shop99er

I received my coins today and the first thing I thought of was what kind of "smart a.." post to put in this thread but then thought what the heck (not really but this is a family forum). When I started this thread I didn't think it turn out the way it did, I just wanted to know the status of the coins. If it wasn't brought to light and everyone adding thier input, no telling what the outcome would have been. I still have faith in the sellers and traders that all deals are square. Happy Caching B)

Slammer180

Know what you mean. Not only didn't I order any, but I'm not really what you'ld call a collector and I'm watching this online soap opera like a hawk! I think my brother's posts sucked me in! Yeah, that's it. I'll blame HIM. B)

You can blame me if you want. Evidently, you don't have enough to do at work. B) What's your boss' phone number?

Just got off the phone with Mrs. Shop99er, and she sez mine arrived!!

Cool!

You have the boss's number. And she should be home now, too! :lol:

Edited by Semper Questio