Wyoming Coins?

Slammer180

We’re in for four of these coins. I’m willing to give the sender until the 1st of April to respond or have the coins in my hand. After that I will file a complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) at http://www.ic3.gov/ . I would recommend that everyone follow this path. IC3 is a joint operation with the FBI and National White Collar Crime Center.

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Smith

1 April seems like more than a fair date. I believe Mr. Smith knows what he's talking about.

©¿©¬

I will file a complante as well on 4-1 if there is a few complaints filed I am sure they will look into it.

Given the lack of communication, apology, coins, and previous statements that the coins have been mailed...but waiting to April 1 doesn't hurt...thankfully I did not buy any of these coins, but it could set a dangerous precedent for geocoins and geocaching commerce in general, so my feeling is that you should land on this guy with both feet if April 1 comes and goes without EVERYONE getting their coins.

I mention everyone because a saavy scammer might send out coins to only the most loudly complaining forum members to try and turn this around for himself...

Paypal, USPS, FBI, and various internet crime outfits will all be interested in finding and fining this guy...

I was wandering when something like this was going to happen!!

You know, I have often thought the same thing. You just have to figure that eventually the odds will catch up to you/us.

However, in the middle of all of this, we shouldn't forget all of the times these sales and trades go RIGHT. I am very thankful to be part of a group where I know I can trust the vast majority of the membership on something as simple as a virtual handshake.

Edited by ScoutingWV
However, in the middle of all of this, we shouldn't forget all of the times these sales and trades go RIGHT. I am very thankful to be part of a group where I know I can trust the vast majority of the membership on something as simple as a virtual handshake.

Exactly! I've done a bunch of trades and purchases both to and fro and all have been successful! (Except my 3-coin trade that's waiting on this one :D)

Amen.

As of today, all coins have been shipped.

How many more times do we have to hear this though? We have been told this several times now. I hope this is the sure thing this time. :D I too have made a trade with a couple of mine.

I was surprised to see that someone actually helped him place one of the coins he had logged into a cache.

Well put. So far all the purchases and trades I've made have gone well. And I'm still one of the faithful who haven't given up on this coin. Of course I'm only in for 2 coins and might be more worried if it were a bulk order. But as far as this one goes, it's just taken longer than the rest. Not a big deal as long as the coins end up making it to everyones mailbox. There are no professionals here selling coins. Some have become professional at it, but most all start out as just cachers trying out a new venture. Having been part of a coin sale, I know there's a lot to it and maybe more than some people expected when they started. My fingers are still crossed that these will hit my mailbox soon enough.

The thing that bothers me the most is that the communication from the seller has been dismal at best. There have been other coins which have been stretched out for extended weeks and months, but those sellers were honest and informing.

I'll admit that we are a "tough crowd" to play for....if you post something here, you had better be willing to follow through with it. I don't have any sympathy for someone that has treated us this way. The seller of this coin should just scoop out a big hunk of "Humble Pie" and start talking to us.

It is going to take a very long time for this fiasco to blow over, and for any of us that are around now, to even trust this seller enough to buy a Wooden Nickel at cost.

I have been staying out of this discussion....hoping that a padded mailer would arrive and I'd be a satisfied customer at last. But NO........... :D:blink:

Nada on the west coast but I am doing my utmost best to give him the benefit of the doubt and allow nine days from last Friday before I start filing complaints and asking for a full refund. Unfortunately I am owed a trade as well so I'll lose out on that deal as well.

East coast people should have received theirs by now so I am getting increasingly concerned now. My big problem is I'll have to deal with 30 unhappy coin club members.

How about an update for everyone Ross? Did the coins really go out?

Wow, after reading this I realized I couldn't remember if I ever ordered Wyoming coins. So I checked paypal. Looks like I paid for 4. :unsure:

Could you email me the paypal address you made the payment to?

I have too many receipts to wade through! :lol:

I honestly don't know if I ordered any or not, I have just enjoyed the entertainment this thread has provided. More drama here than an elimination show on Idol! :unsure:

Wow, after reading this I realized I couldn't remember if I ever ordered Wyoming coins. So I checked paypal. Looks like I paid for 4. :unsure:

I honestly don't know if I ordered any or not, I have just enjoyed the entertainment this thread has provided. More drama here than an elimination show on Idol! :lol:

I sent you an email with the information. :unsure:

My anticipation every day to open this thread to see if any of these coins actually show up anywhere is nearly as high as my anticipation for the next installment in the Serial Finder story!

(I don't know if that made sense, but it did in my head before I typed it out.) :unsure:

Other than the Serial Finder part it made perfect sense. I've been doing the same thing. :unsure:

Odds would say that at least one coin would have shown up by now. Is it possible that they are acutally out there? Maybe, but really, someone with a close zipcode or 1 state over should have one by now. I can see where this is going. Time to start drafting a complaint.

Grrrrrrrrr :unsure:

Was there a post on this thread long ago by another cacher who said they went over to this person's house and also stated that the coins were delivered? :unsure:

__________________________________________________________________________________

All this aside, I do agree with Robert 100% though. I have pretty good luck with all trades and purchases we've done so far. Our community is really a good group of folks generally.

:lol:

Edited by SoMDCacherz

Odds would say that at least one coin would have shown up by now. Is it possible that they are acutally out there? Maybe, but really, someone with a close zipcode or 1 state over should have one by now. I can see where this is going. Time to start drafting a complaint.

Grrrrrrrrr :unsure:

All this aside, I do agree with Robert 100% though. I have pretty good luck with all trades and purchases we've done so far. Our community is really a good group of folks generally.

:unsure:

I think that it's BECAUSE the trades and purchases among our community work so well in general that people who were ripped off by this guy need to respond aggressively to this...so that the next guy who considers it will think twice before they try to rip off more geocachers.

Jamie

For those who like their glasses half full I give you this...the fourth quarter in 2007 is the Wyoming quarter, so yes you will be getting a Wyoming coin in time. For the rest of us, this is why established cachers and groups should be the ones doing the coins. More and more we are seeing people coming here selling their wares, and we will always be the ones to lose out. regardless of when this guy gets us our coins, he needs to have the feedback through ALL the places such as PayPal so he can't do this again. Just because he gets them out eventually does not change what he did.

For those who like their glasses half full I give you this...the fourth quarter in 2007 is the Wyoming quarter, so yes you will be getting a Wyoming coin in time. For the rest of us, this is why established cachers and groups should be the ones doing the coins. More and more we are seeing people coming here selling their wares, and we will always be the ones to lose out. regardless of when this guy gets us our coins, he needs to have the feedback through ALL the places such as PayPal so he can't do this again. Just because he gets them out eventually does not change what he did.

I am not sure I understand you point about established cachers. I have gotten better service from cachers that started this year than I have from someone who has been caching since November of 2004 and has 300 caches so I don't believe that really is an issue in this case.

Wow, after reading this I realized I couldn't remember if I ever ordered Wyoming coins. So I checked paypal. Looks like I paid for 4. :sad:

I honestly don't know if I ordered any or not, I have just enjoyed the entertainment this thread has provided. More drama here than an elimination show on Idol! :lol:

I sent you an email with the information. :D

Thanks!

I got it, and guess what?!? I never ordered one of these coins!

So, does anyone want to trade me when they get theirs in? :unsure::unsure:

My anticipation every day to open this thread to see if any of these coins actually show up anywhere is nearly as high as my anticipation for the next installment in the Serial Finder story!

(I don't know if that made sense, but it did in my head before I typed it out.) :unsure:

Other than the Serial Finder part it made perfect sense. I've been doing the same thing. :unsure:

The "Serial Finder" comment was a reference to the ongoing story IceCreamMan has had going in the "Today's Cacher" magazine for the past year. We were left hanging in the last issue, and when I checked this months issue, there wasn't a new installment! Suspense, suspense, drama, drama! :lol:

Well, I checked my Paypal history and looks like I sent payment in reference to an actual bill from the guy. The bill which I paid is inclusive of 60 cents for shipping. Maybe I am not correct, but I believe that to bill for and take those fees without providing the product is considered mail fraud by the USPS. I am not sure what limitations they have though. I do plan on finding out tomorrow.

That is exactly what I posted above SoMDCacherz. The fact that he took fees to mail the packages and in some cases took money via the U.S. Mail, if those coins don't show up it is Mail Fraud and the Postal Inspectors will be looking forward to a nice conversation with a particular individual.