Wyoming Coins?

Slammer180

Did anyone pay for these coins via U.S. Mail or were they all paid for via paypal?

Yup, mailed a check way back in November.

If you received a reciept in the mail, then he may well be guilty of mail fraud...a felony, unless "The Firm" is incorrect... :rolleyes:

Jamie

I would imagine it will be his last as I don't think many are going to ever work with him again. This has been a total joke.

Let's see...he placed it in a cache on 2/15. Now, it's 3/20, and none of the paying customers have this da#* coin yet.

Yeah, he might as well call this his first and last coin.

I kept thinking I had bought this coin. Since I am from Utah and have been to WY many times, this is one I really wanted. Looking back on paypal, I could not find a payment for one.

That being said, if/when these ship, could anyone with an extra and want to trade let me know.

thanks,

nielsenc

See this Previous Post

You'll probably get the same reponse from Paypal.

Well, I guess I also have to option of going to the post office. Maybe we'll see these coins by the end of the week, but I am kinda doubting it. I am starting to think it was never really the intent to make and distribute these coins.

Is it a possibility to find out where they were suppose to be minted to find out if they were even made?

I am going to give the guy until the 27th (1 week) like I told him today and if coins haven't made it to the purchasers then I think it is time for action. He did contact me today and I told the coin creator that I would give him a week - but that is ALL that I will wait.

Edited by 40

I was told by the man himself that my 60 or so coins that I paid for back in November shipped Friday the 17th of March. I'll post back in a few days with an update.

The 45 day rule that paypal has is unfortunate... I wasn't aware of that one until tonight.

I was told by the man himself that my 60 or so coins that I paid for back in November shipped Friday the 17th of March.

But then, someone else was told "by the man himself" that the coins were all mailed out on March 1st. :P:ph34r::D

I'll believe they've been mailed when mine show up in my mailbox.

Windrose

Edited by Windrose

I kept thinking I had bought this coin. Since I am from Utah and have been to WY many times, this is one I really wanted. Looking back on paypal, I could not find a payment for one.

That being said, if/when these ship, could anyone with an extra and want to trade let me know.

thanks,

nielsenc

IGYB

--Marky

The 45 day rule that paypal has is unfortunate... I wasn't aware of that one until tonight.

Althought there is this rule, if enough people complain, I believe it will still have some effect.

--Marky

It will because his account gets flagged a bunch. It happened in another hobby I used to participate in and the folks ended up in jail with huge fines to repay the money to buyers.

Althought there is this rule, if enough people complain, I believe it will still have some effect.

--Marky

It will because his account gets flagged a bunch. It happened in another hobby I used to participate in and the folks ended up in jail with huge fines to repay the money to buyers.

However, I'm not going to do this because, like Kealia, I believe that the cacher does intend to ship out the coins to everyone. I am a glass half full type though...

--Marky

However, I'm not going to do this because, like Kealia, I believe that the cacher does intend to ship out the coins to everyone. I am a glass half full type though...

--Marky

I believed that too until it was stated by the person who had the coin developed that they were mailed out several weeks ago but yet not one coin has been received anywhere in the US. Since there have been no updates or responses here since, I can only assume that this whole thing has been some kinda elaborate hoax. No one knows for sure how many coins were minted or where, maybe only a couple were done for appearances? :anibad: I forget the exact price paid on my Paypal invoice, but you have to figure say a rough number like $6 x 500 coins gives you $3,000. That is a LOT dough and a lot of OPM! At best case this is a horrible example of how to execute a coin sale responsibly, and on the worst we've just simply been had! :laughing:

Its really unfortunate, other than this I've had very good experiences with fellow geocachers who have worked up coins!

You know that they were made, so why not ship them?

Maybe he is going to sell them again!?

I wonder if any will start showing up on eBay for sale?

If they do, someone should contact the bidders and let them know what's going on.

No, you shouldn't contact the bidders... You should contact Ebay and let them know. They'll pull the auction.

Obviously Ross knows this discussion is going on, and he has logged in recently. Keeping quiet without a peep on this forum to me shows this whole thing was a scam from the start. Either that, or he has to be the most irresponsible person ever not to take all these complaints seriously.

Also, you might want to contact the cable company, Charter, as it looks like that is who he uses for internet service. I'm sure they won't like to hear about him using their service for fraud.

I've had to deal with a few frauds and have learned that idle threats do nothing. You need to follow through with what is said, try to personally contact the person(via phone), etc...

When you start mentioning the AG, Mail Fraud, FBI, etc they tend to get more co-operative.

Legally and technically there is no statute of limitations on fraud, independent of any Paypal rules, and a small claims lawsuit (class action?) could be taken up. The nice thing about ligitation in the digital age is that there is an electronic record of the emails that were sent to him, along with this forum, recording people's complaint. There also would be a "record" of a sense that he did little effort to rectify the situation by either not responding to complaints addressed to him personally or this forum. I order the coins through a third party (coin group), which would amount to a good chunk of change.

We’re in for four of these coins. I’m willing to give the sender until the 1st of April to respond or have the coins in my hand. After that I will file a complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) at http://www.ic3.gov/ . I would recommend that everyone follow this path. IC3 is a joint operation with the FBI and National White Collar Crime Center.

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Smith

I emailed Ross last night to ask about my group order for PCC, since I paid out a few hundred dollars for Wyoming coins. I also touched on a few topics covered here, and requested a firm ship date for my large order.

He hasn't emailed me back (Bullitt clearly had better luck for GBA), but I see Ross did make a brief appearance here today with a mailing claim. I would have preferred the courtesy of a direct response to acknowledge my concern and confirm the mailing, but we'll see what happens. I better have the full order in my hands by Saturday....

I also got an email response from Ross yesterday saying that 1/2 the coins went out by Monday and the other 1/2 on Tuesday. Then he left the note above today saying that the rest went out today.

I guess that gives about 2-4 days to see if he is truthful. :laughing:

I guess I'm a little like Marky, I also see the glass as half full :anibad:.

Edited by 40

We’re in for four of these coins. I’m willing to give the sender until the 1st of April to respond or have the coins in my hand. After that I will file a complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) at http://www.ic3.gov/ . I would recommend that everyone follow this path. IC3 is a joint operation with the FBI and National White Collar Crime Center.

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Smith

1 April seems like more than a fair date. I believe Mr. Smith knows what he's talking about.

©¿©¬