Wyoming Coins?

Slammer180

First batch of coins went out today! I pack as many as I can before I go to bed, and then drop them at the post office on my lunch break. So, the should start showing up over the next few days...

I suspect there's nobody happier about this than you. Thanks for the status.

©¿©¬

He said he'd be back on the 28th, yesterday. I'm sure he'll start packing them up today.

I know that I am anxiously awaiting my coins, not only because I am from Wyoming but also because I was at the event where the idea of this coin was first discussed. Have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival ever since. I know you went through many trials and tribulations but from the looks of the proof, this coin will be well worth it! :P

When I looked at the old thread (just past the pics of broken postage boxes), they mentioned pewter and bronze coins. I don't recall reading about any nickel or silver versions being sent.

I hope that they will be easier to tell apart than the silver and nickel Screw coins were.

Anyway, is to too soon to ask for a progress report?

Hope that all is well!

I understand the coin creator is soon to be moving back to Wyoming from Massachusetts but that is no excuse from him not keeping people informed as to the status of this coin. You would think he would like to get them mailed out and be done with all the hassle. I'm hoping that happens soon as well.

Edited by Rubiconlwb

Visited with Ross this morning. The final mailing is boxed up and ready to go out Monday. Some orders are already in the mail and should be received Monday. Sorry for the long wait. Many-many lessons have been learned and for sure will not be repeated.

Thanks for the update. I'll be waiting at my mailbox everyday this week :rolleyes:

Visited with Ross this morning. The final mailing is boxed up and ready to go out Monday. Some orders are already in the mail and should be received Monday. Sorry for the long wait. Many-many lessons have been learned and for sure will not be repeated.

Is this purchased coins only, or does it include trades made and owed?

Thanks for the update. I'll be waiting at my mailbox everyday this week :)

Too Right.

First batch of coins went out today! I pack as many as I can before I go to bed, and then drop them at the post office on my lunch break. So, the should start showing up over the next few days...

OK, It's now been 2 weeks since we were told the first batch of coins went out in the mail, and the last batch we were told was sent out on Monday 3/13/06. Someone should've received coins by now if they were actually shipped. I think I've finally run out of patience waiting for these coins!

:anibad: OK, everybody, lets not blame the State Of Wyoming for the failings of one person! I live here in Wyoming and I have met Ross. He's a nice guy who appears to have gotten caught up in something that has just overwhelmed him. I too have contacted him on numerous occasions concerning when these coins might get shipped. He keeps assuring me that they are on their way and I believe him but I too will feel much better when they actually hit my mailbox. But in the meantime, Wyoming has nothing to do with it and I believe that the coin itself will be worth the wait in the long run.

:anibad: OK, everybody, lets not blame the State Of Wyoming for the failings of one person! ......

Not blaming anyone here, just asking for a little communication from someone who knows anything regarding this coin. I don't know the situation of the person(s) selling the coin, things happen, and most people are understanding if the lines of communication are kept open and people are informed of what is going on. :lol:

If you look at the past posts for this coin we were led to believe that the maker of the coins were bad and misguiding. Okay, now we are told that the coins were received and mailed out 2 weeks ago yet no one has said they have received them. Hmmmm...without breaking the rules on personal attacks, what is going on here?

I'm not blaming the state of Wyoming or any of it's fine residents, I'm merely making light of situation that has gotten way out control. Nearly three months after paying for something I generally expect to have it in hand. I hope that the gentleman who created the coin is ok and nothing is going on personally, but he is the one who is ultimately responsible for keeping us informed. I understood his delimma with the shipping gone wrong, but he's the one who posted that he's sent/sending them, so people are entitled to question its whereabouts.

No personal attacks are intended.... :)

Edited for my pathetic grammar

Edited by The Blind Acorn

I'm not blaming the state of Wyoming or any of it's fine residents, I'm merely making light of situation that has gotten way out control. Nearly three months after paying for something I generally expect to have it in hand. I hope that the gentleman who created the coin is ok and nothing is going on personally, but he is the one who is ultimately responsible for keeping us informed. I understood his delimma with the shipping gone wrong, but he's the one who posted that he's sent/sending them, so people are entitled to question its whereabouts.

No personal attacks are intended.... :)

Edited for my pathetic grammar

I do know that nobody is attacking me, my state or others who live here but are simply trying to bring some brevity to a pretty miserable situation. I not only understand your frustration, I feel it and I totally agree that the creator of this coin should keep everybody informed. I know that he has experienced some problems such as not receiving part of the coins, going on vacation about the time he should have received all the coins and the most recent thing I heard is that he is moving back to Wyoming. I haven't heard anything from him in a couple weeks so I'm as confused and frustrated as anybody. Come on, Ross, get these coins mailed out (even if you have to get some help) so everybody can feel at ease.

I would think that the gentleman who is in charge of this coin could at least comment either in the forum or by private email on what the status is of the coins.

I see that he has had time to attend "an evening of fun and music" in Connecticut (GCTDBG) last week but doesn't have time to fill in his customers on what the status is????? Inquiring minds want to KNOW!!!!!! :D:):D

Edited by 40

This is ridiculous and I have long exceeded my "let's be nice and give him a chance mood." If the coins are not in my mail box by Monday I will be contacting the powers that be because it appears that the creator of the coin needs some pushing. I don't mind if there is a delay due to personal reasons or vacation but I do mind being screwed over three times.

Edited by LadeBear68

I'm through waiting.

I sent an email several weeks ago and learned he was on vacation, and that the coins would be shipped when he returned. OK, no problem. I fully understand that delays from the manufacturer can happen, and in this case the timing of the delivery didn't work out. However, once they are delivered, the recipient has full control over what happens next. Regardless of what is going on at the mint, a person also has full control over how much information is shared with their customers.

Life happens. I think we all understand that. But I do not believe people should be left expecting one thing and then so rarely given updates on the status of items they have paid for.

If these had indeed shipped when we were all told they would, surely someone would have received a package by now. This is a topic a lot of folks are watching right now, and I also believe that if someone had received their coins, they would have posted in the forums.

I've now asked for a full refund. I'm not supporting this kind of situation with my money.

<end rant>