Sight 'n Go

jackrr

you can activate sight 'n go only with reception and after calibrating the compass

putting it off you have to calibrate again when putting it on. This is new.

you can use the bearing pointer and the coursepointer

use sight 'n go with datafield heading= degrees you see on the compassring

This combination heading and pointer gives you the extra feeling of going in the right direction.

loosing reception you still have the pointer were you loose this in a normal go to situation

so when you also use accuracy and you see that the reception gets wourse you change from a go to to a sign 'n go in a reception situation

now you know were you have the compass for.

Edited by dusee

I already discovered that sight n go will only work only after calibrating the compass. But the bearing pointer will not come up after activating sight n go. I changed around the data fields to see if that will make a difference, but it does not. The bearing pointer does come up if I'm not in sight n go. The problem is only when I'm in sight n go.

I just went outside with my 60CS. I can't get to the bearing pointer either. It automatically switches to course pointer, and won't change back to bearing unless I 'stop navigation' and change it back. Then, when I 'resume navigation', it goes right back to course.

I checked the manual, and it does say you can switch them.

So yeah... I have no suggestions, but you're not the only one. ;)

Wait... I just thought about this a little more.

Think about it this way. You're using Sight N Go, so the distance is preset, regardless of the distance from your subject. The bearing pointer requires that you know the distance to your subject, because the arrow must change as you get closer (assuming you're not going straight towards it). So the course pointer would be the only one that makes sense when you're just following the direction of Sight N Go. Try projecting a waypoint, estimate the distance, and THEN set it to bearing. That should work, since it has a distance to work with.

Wait... I just thought about this a little more.

Think about it this way. You're using Sight N Go, so the distance is preset, regardless of the distance from your subject. The bearing pointer requires that you know the distance to your subject, because the arrow must change as you get closer (assuming you're not going straight towards it). So the course pointer would be the only one that makes sense when you're just following the direction of Sight N Go. Try projecting a waypoint, estimate the distance, and THEN set it to bearing. That should work, since it has a distance to work with.

I think your right, it makes sense now. If Garmin is reading this they should reword their manual. I feel better now, thanks.