Paperless Crisis

Hey again guys!

I just recently lost my entire PC(I do not want to get into the 8 month long revival process :blink: ) and I lost my copy of Plucker Desktop and Plucker Palm, as well as GPX Spinner. I found that Plucker was the easiest way to PC, spin the file hit the index, and HotSync my Palm. Recently, Plucker's webiste is becoming really messed up, and I cannot download it. I tried iSilo, but was not sure if it was free or not. Everyone at my last convention was talking about CacheMate, but I am not sure how to use that either. :blink: If someone could please help me get Plucker back, or explain CacheMate, I would be so grateful!

Cache You Later

The3StoogesOfNY

I can't believe Jeremy has not made a Paperless forum yet. I've been hinting for 8 months.

Cachemate is the best program for the Palm i've ever seen. I tried Plucker and didn't like it much.

Basically GSAK (I hope you use it) can export a file in Cachemate format, and then hotlink it to the Palm, and you're good to go. The Palm program itself is quite small, and very convenient. Try it anyways, and you could always go back to Plucker if you (or someone) fixes your problem.

Shameless plug:

http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/

-edit

THIS IS MY POST #666 ---OMFGWTFBBQ!

Edited by Marcie/Eric

I can't believe Jeremy has not made a Paperless forum yet. I've been hinting for 8 months.

Cachemate is the best program for the Palm i've ever seen. I tried Plucker and didn't like it much.

Basically GSAK (I hope you use it) can export a file in Cachemate format, and then hotlink it to the Palm, and you're good to go. The Palm program itself is quite small, and very convenient. Try it anyways, and you could always go back to Plucker if you (or someone) fixes your problem.

Shameless plug:

http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/

-edit

THIS IS MY POST #666 ---OMFGWTFBBQ!

So basically, all I need is CacheMate and GSAK(both of which are free) and I'm good to go? I just dont want to have to have MOUNDS of cache print outs anymore :blink: I had to do cache that way for 8 months!

Thanks for the help

Cache You Later

The3StoogesOfNY

Edited by The3StoogesOfNY

I also use GSAK for several applications and it is a must use.

I also use Plucker and it does a great job for geocaching. It is a program that is necessary for me for uses other than geocaching, and I highly recomend it for all PalmOS users.

3Stooges: If you want, I will send you a disk with the install program on it. (version 1.6.2)

No thanks, I do not need the disk :P I registered CacheMate and downloaded the free version of GSAK. They work a lot smoother than Plucker did :P However, I cannot get my Palm Zire31 to accept the registration :P . I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you correct it?

Thanks Again For All Of Your Help!

Cache You later

The3StoogesOfNY

There is a little program on the Cachemate site to help with the registration. It changes the name to numbers, I think. :) I had to use it to register Cachemate.

RegAid

I got it to reigster :D . What I dont get is how to log on my Palm via CacheMate. and use the quick log feature.(I read the article at FGA) Also, this is a little off topic, :smile: but my Palm battery is dying and wont hold a charge. I have a Zire31. If anyone knows how to replace the battery, that would be great!

Cache You Later

The3Stooges