Cool And Extreme Geocaches Dvd

Seth!

From the producers of the Complete Guide to Geocaching DVD comes an exciting new DVD project - Cool and Extreme Caches.

We are now accepting geocache nominations for inclusion in the Extreme and Cool Geocaches DVD. We are looking for unique geocaches and really challenging geocaches to include in the DVD. Sheer cliffs, scuba equipment, and eight-mile snowshoe hikes belong on this video.

From your submissions, we'll select the geocaches to feature on the DVD. The first person to nominate each selected geocache will also get a free copy of the DVD, signed by a geocaching community celebrity.

Are you an amateur or professional videographer? Want to shoot some video for us? Great! We're looking for people (especially geocachers) who have their own video equipment and the desire to go on some awesome hunts. Drop me a line, visit the website, or post a note here if you're interested in that.

This post was approved by Groundspeak. Please use this thread to ask questions about the contest or discuss cool caches. Official nominations should be made on the contest site...here.

- Seth! :blink:

Pablo Mac, we would like to have MiniDV. Other formats (e.g. VHS) would be possible but we're looking for best possible quality. Other professional-grade products would be okay but we'd have to convert them since we are editing digitally. Thanks.

What video & audio format specifications do you require?

Pablo Mac, we would like to have MiniDV. Other formats (e.g. VHS) would be possible but we're looking for best possible quality. Other professional-grade products would be okay but we'd have to convert them since we are editing digitally. Thanks.

In the cool, but not quite so challenging area:

I'd hafta look it up, but I know I have some footage from around Sounds of the Bay. That one rates highly frome everyone that finds it.

another deserving cache in the unique catagory would be San Simeon Seal Spot by campyc. I got to see elephant seals mix it up while I was there. Show me another cache that nearly always has elephant seals at it.....

Four Cache Loop by Ty Dolney, near Houston, has quite the little 10+ mile hike along the Lone Star Trail. 30+ creek crossings, need I say more? I'll post the local boards for footage on that one....

I'm definitely on board with the mini DV thing, so no problem there. What kind of submission deadline are you looking at?

Also, I work in Final Cut Pro and Motion, so if you need any help, let me know.

We'll be gauging the responses (nominations) over the next few weeks, but currently aiming to get submissions of footage in by the end of May. We can start cutting segments as we get them, of course. (Thanks for asking. That's a good bit of information to have in this thread.)

Thanks for the editing offer; I'll let you know!

I'm definitely on board with the mini DV thing, so no problem there. What kind of submission deadline are you looking at?

Also, I work in Final Cut Pro and Motion, so if you need any help, let me know.

My Top Few:

Ten Star Turtle

Five Hundred Steps

Iron Mountain Challenge

Nightwalker

Phobias - Black Box #5

Wolf Rock Challenge

PRAY FOR DAYLIGHT!

...ok, and this one, too, just because it would be fun to watch someone try to open it for the first time:

Curious George

(Just realized I didn't follow the approved submission protocol...wouldn't be the first time I failed to follow written instructions...)

Edited by Pablo Mac

We have a few people in mind. I think it's safe to say you've heard of all of them. For instance, there's this 'sept1c_tank' guy. He's supposed to be really nice and has great handwriting. :P

The first person to nominate a winning geocache will also get a free copy of the DVD, signed by a geocaching community celebrity.

Someone we know? :P:P

You miserable sack of crap, come hunt my cache if you want extreme. Afraid? You should be. There are many other butter bags that think what I have written about my lair is all just fairytale. Some came in and made it out alive to tell the tale, the ones who didn’t tell sat warmly in my belly.

Keeping with the Psycho Cache vein I would like to nominate GCQ91Y Psycho Urban Cache #3 - Bowels of the City. the entire series is fun and extreme, but this was my first experience with Extreme Caching.

GCQABV-Psycho Urban Cache #6 - Downtown Wuthering Heights is an example of a lamppost cache taken to extremes. Especially when you have a cacher retreive AND replace (much higher than he found it I might add) it without and special equipment. E-mail for photos if interested.

All 10 of Vinny and Sue's Psycho Urban Cache Series have been fun.

Larry (lpyankeefan)

I have to nominate Psycho Urban Cache #8 Ghost in Ancient Citidel

GCT66Z

When you look at the photos - you will understand why this cache is actually a real life FP video game experience.

Tony, thanks for the kind nomination of our Psycho Urban Cache #8! My own personal feeling is that if you want something even sicker, then you may wish to take a look at these two other caches in our PUC series:

While neither is for any but the very brave, I strongly feel particularly that the first one listed (PUC #9) is really only for those who have a strong and open heart, and who love risk, adventure and psychotic challenges.

And, while I am at it, here are my nominations for two other really sick caches, both of which we have completed successfully (still composing the log entries for the latter...), and both of which I feel also demand not only skill, experience and courage, but also -- like our PUC #9 -- demand a cache hunter with a really strong and open heart, who loves risk, adventure and psychotic challenges.

psychrn, that would be great. The time frame is this spring. You have some time.

Pumabert, sorry to hear you had trouble with the page. Thanks for posting the nomination here.

sept1c_tank, that "someone" may want his identity back. You're a real card. :anicute:

From the producers of the Complete Guide to Geocaching DVD comes an exciting new DVD project - Cool and Extreme Caches.

We are now accepting geocache nominations for inclusion in the Extreme and Cool Geocaches DVD. We are looking for unique geocaches and really challenging geocaches to include in the DVD. Sheer cliffs, scuba equipment, and eight-mile snowshoe hikes belong on this video.

If Waste water is not on this video then there is no God in heaven.

:(

Question: must the person nominating have visited and logged the cache?

Comment: The title can use some help. Seems to me "Extreme" caches can be a category, and the title can be something more general that follows the original title. Something like Complete Guide to Geochaches Around the World or ....

Question2: Are you accepting cache listings from other websites? (i.e. Terracaching, Navicache, etc...)