Hello

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie (soon-to-be) Geochacher! Been lurking for a short while. My Garmin etrex finally arrived today (quickly ran out of work to test it out). Will plug in a few details of local caches before I head home. Then am ready to go for some weekend hiking/caching!

Geocaching has really caught my imagination - first heard of it on a news report about it being confused with terrorism (?!) and somehow my twisted logic decided that I'd give it a go!

Glad to see I'm not the only newcomer too!

first heard of it on a news report about it being confused with terrorism

Oops, don't like the sound of that, where did you hear the report ?

Initially through www.fark.com - which lists amusing news stories - it had a link to a news article from a regional paper in the US about someone reporting finding a cache and reporting it to the police. It was properly labelled and permission to hide it had been granted, so it was all resolved quickly. And didnt put the hobby in a bad light - intrigued me enough to go to geocaching.comand read up on it some more!

I used to have a life, now there's just Geocaching. ;)

Just as well I enjoy it........ :)

Hope you do too, or else you're in real trouble.

Geocaching now own your soul. your holidays, your family car, your employers resources.

You can't get out because you've been brainwashed into believing that it's just a harmless fun pastime. :blink:

Remind yourself of this fact when you are nettled to within an inch of your life and then fall into a sea of brambles. :)

Ahh netttles....can't wait for summer, fond memories. :blink::P

Anyway you're in so best make the best of a bad thing and remember "It's all about the numbers".....NOT! :P:);)

Cheers

Dave

Once upon a time i used to mow the lawn and wash the car at weekends. :P

Once upon a time it used to take me 2 hours to drive to my mums in North Wales, now it takes a day. :P

Once upon a time i used to watch telly in the evenings now i try to solve puzzle caches. :P

You'll soon see what you've got yourself into! and you'll enjoy every minute of it. :P

Welcome to a very addictive pastime. Get out as often as you can and enjoy it.

I do :P

We've become "Public Rights of Way" Spotters like so many others...

...Geo-geeking is a great way of getting all the family out and about in the countryside - and enjoying it!

...and we love introducing friends and family to the unseen treasures and corners of the own localities courtesy of other cachers who draw us to the areas.

Enjoy...

Once upon a time i used to mow the lawn and wash the car at weekends. :P

Once upon a time it used to take me 2 hours to drive to my mums in North Wales, now it takes a day. :P

Once upon a time i used to watch telly in the evenings now i try to solve puzzle caches. :P

You'll soon see what you've got yourself into! and you'll enjoy every minute of it. :P

Welcome to a very addictive pastime. Get out as often as you can and enjoy it.

I do :D

Once upon a time I had many topics of discussion. :P

Now my wife just glazes over if the word caching is in the opening sentence. :P

Yet another challenging aspect to this wonderful pastime.

Mr Obsessive/Compulsive! That's me.... :P

Cheers

Dave

Well, I've had my eTrex less than 24 hours and I'm already falling for the little thing - seeing if i can wrtie my name in my auto-track as i walk to work!!

Entered in my local caches and am plotting a route on my OS map to follow this weekend. Hope to come back tired but happy with my first cacges under my belt