Geocoins?

JeeperMTJ

Puuh, strange coins are appearing:

Found this one on a coin tracking site:

AlanG_edition_PresidentialFront300.jpg

Can you believe it?

Ironic mode ON:

BTW: Anybody interested in original European Coins? :blink: 100% still in circulation and with high mileage? I am thinking about selling some at double face value :blink: The real one from the old world. I guess there still would be people buying that.

recently_07_68.jpg

Ironic mode OFF

Edited by JeeperMTJ

In defense of the Pope coin, it's not for sale to my knowledge. In fact, mine was a gift for free. I just chose to send my personal coin back to the person because I was happy to "trade" for the coin.

That is absolutely correct. I do not sell any of these coins. You can only find the coin in local caches or get it as a gift for free. Because of this I see a little difference between my coin and the coin JeeperMTJ is talking about.

The pope coin is oki doki since it´s just a trading goodie, I received 3 of them of the person given them away and put them into caches.

Back to the European Coins :blink: Anybody interested. Available as long supplies last. The mint (ECB) has a good reputation as well :blink:

Edited by JeeperMTJ

Well, I looked at those "medals" and was rather bothered by them. Is a medal a geocoin? But, rather than debate that goofy issue, I sent them the following:

Hi -- I have two things on my mind.

1. I'm considering making my list public, in other words, becoming a paying customer. I was wondering . . . (the rest of what I wrote here is unrelated to the issue at hand.)

2. I was under the impression that this was a geocoin site. I am concerned about some of the coins appearing. I have relatively mild concerns about WJT Coin Cologne 2005 since the owner appears to be a cacher. But what about PRESIDENTIAL ART SILVER/BRONZE MEDALS? They don't appear to be geocoins and I can't tell if the owner is a cacher -- personally, I doubt it. If you become better know[n], and more editions like these appear, I may be less inclined to pay for your services; as a geocoin collecter, I may be less inclined to visit to look for geocoins if I have to wade through unrelated stuff. So, is this a geocoin only site? Will there be more apparently non-geocoin editions like the PRESIDENTIAL one allowed?

I'll let you know if I get a response and if I do, what they say.

Edited by FluteFace

whats really funny is that geocachers are just going with the flow and posting as seeking.

Guilty as charged... but we've since fixed it!

:P

Is it really only a geocoin site???

We listed Korey's current squadron coin (military challenge coin) for trades on our profile and we do know of others that list all of the challenge coins in their possession. We have at least 50-60 challenge coins ourselves that we have thought about posting.

:P

Well, I jumped to conclusions with this site and assumed it was just for geocoins, until this last "coin" showed up. I haven't yet heard back from the "powers that are" at the site, but in exploring their site, I found their take on it here in their forums. In addition, an exploration of the website showed that out of 13 bulleted items shown on four lists that promote the site, only two of the items mention geo- anything.

So there you have it.

I get probably 5 wanna-trade emails a day now. Some of the offers are plain goofy. Sorry, but if you had 500, 700, etc. of your coin produced, that's not exactly a "limited edition!"

One or two I feel completely ripped off by. Freakin' "cow coins?" What was I smoking?

I get probably 5 wanna-trade emails a day now. Some of the offers are plain goofy. Sorry, but if you had 500, 700, etc. of your coin produced, that's not exactly a "limited edition!"

One or two I feel completely ripped off by. Freakin' "cow coins?" What was I smoking?

Well, i've sent you mail twice asking if you wanted to trade and never received a response. i feel ignored! :P