Snow Time!

As usual, nothing happening in my part of Hampshire, but thats nothing unusual. It can snow literally all over the entire country and still miss Hampshire. It's such a shame - I love playing in the snow. My kids are now 9 and 5 and have yet to see a really decent covering of snow. I am even thinking of going on holiday next winter to somewhere like Norway or Finland, just so that I can pretty much guarantee snow and let them see what its like!

As usual, nothing happening in my part of Hampshire, but thats nothing unusual. It can snow literally all over the entire country and still miss Hampshire. It's such a shame - I love playing in the snow. My kids are now 9 and 5 and have yet to see a really decent covering of snow. I am even thinking of going on holiday next winter to somewhere like Norway or Finland, just so that I can pretty much guarantee snow and let them see what its like!

The Wirral (where I live) is a bit like that.. I'll often see snow in Chester (Place of work) but the Wirral seems to have its own mini micro-climate, I guess due to being surrounded by water on three sides? Just my theory. We rarely get the extremes of weather there. I like the snow too, I hope it lasts well into the weekend in Llanberis (Wales) as I'm camping there this weekend. :blink:

First, dibbler69 you are a wind up merchant. :blink:

Second, It is not snowing in Newcastle upon Tyne although a few cars have passed with snow on them.

Third, I have just been turned in to a lyre as we now have a few flakes falling.

Forth, their is now a blizzard out there and this has taken less then 30 seconds to type.

I must stop typing now or we may be snowed in. :blink:

First, dibbler69 you are a wind up merchant. ;)

Second, It is not snowing in Newcastle upon Tyne although a few cars have passed with snow on them.

Third, I have just been turned in to a lyre as we now have a few flakes falling.

Forth, their is now a blizzard out there and this has taken less then 30 seconds to type.

I must stop typing now or we may be snowed in. :blink:

If it gets down to minus 15 Alistair , us Geordies will have to stop going out in short sleeves

and put the B-B Q back in the garage until it gets back up to minus 10 :blink: It still wont bother the quayside girls as they will still come out with bare arms at minus 20 and stand outside drinking :)

Had a ten minute heavy downwall this morning at about 7.00 in North London. Could hardly see 50 ft but it didn't settle.

Some really impressive clouds on the horizon now about 4.30 p.m.

Looks like something is going to happen.

Edited by kbootb

Hi James

I'm off work today, and so I've been out caching, and YES....

WE HAD SNOW IN WIRRAL!!! we even had snow in Heswall!!

I'm staying with mum and dad at the moment, and I went into the living room earlier today - what a sight to behold.... They overlook the Dee Estury and Welsh hills... they were covered in a thick white blanket. (The hills, not my parents!!!!)

The blanket had been moved by the time I came home from caching though!!

(oh, and you're right about Wirral's Micro climate - but you just also need to add that the Welsh Hills also protect us!)

Edited by HazelS

Hi James

I'm off work today, and so I've been out caching, and YES....

WE HAD SNOW IN WIRRAL!!! we even had snow in Heswall!!

I'm staying with mum and dad at the moment, and I went into the living room earlier today - what a sight to behold.... They overlook the Dee Estury and Welsh hills... they were covered in a thick white blanket. (The hills, not my parents!!!!)

The blanket had been moved by the time I came home from caching though!!

(oh, and you're right about Wirral's Micro climate - but you just also need to add that the Welsh Hills also protect us!)

Bet the view was amazing, I know where you mean!! Yes, you're right - when I got home there was some evidence of it! Nothing today though, it's cold crisp and bright. :P

I'm in South Hants and get a brief flurry last night, we get nothing ever - which is good in the summer, it's always warm, but in the winter it's always wet. I took my oldest lad skiing with us when he was 4 because I was sad for him that he hadn't seen snow properly. Last year we went up to Buxton for a few days and it snowed an inch or two - the kids went out onto the lawn of the hotel and charged around and ran straight off a haha that was cut into the lawn. Funny as anything :smile:

This is a Ha Ha:-

HaHa-tn.jpegHA_HA.JPG

It's a ditch with a slope on one side and a high wall on the other. It's used to keep cattle off fancy lawns etc...

The wall only slightly protrudes above the formal garden surface, so in the dark, it's easy to think you're stepping over a little wall and end up falling into a 4ft ditch! :smile:

Here is a Wikipedia Link :)

Edited by Nediam

I spoke to soon! Carnage on the way into Chester this morning! 25min journey took over an hour. Cars spinning and sliding everywhere! Just a scattering back in Heswall but is about 4-5inches here in work.

And I'm off camping in Wales tonight! Yey! :)

Don't forget to pack a shovel, you may have to dig yourself out of your tent <_<

Hi James

You must have been up and out early today... I got up at 7.30am in Heswall and there's a nice dusting, and it's still coming down now...

The Welsh Hills are looking pretty this mornng - better pack your thermals!!

Yep, was at work by just after 7.30! Thermals packed. In fact... as I was driving in I though that I must be the best prepared motorist out here (purely by chance as I'm going camping tonight after work) as the car was packed with tent, sleeping bag, stove, crampons, ice ixe, winter outdoor clothing, etc. etc.! I was tempted to pull over and get a brew on!

Edited by Team 'James W'