Is This A Glorified Etrex?

robotneil

I can't speak to the 100 specifically, but in general the Rhino units have an FRS radio with one extra feature. You can broadcast your position. Therefore, if you are hiking/hunting/caching with other Rhino users, you can see them on your display, and vice versa.

Thats pretty cool, but what about the maps on them? I know the 110 only has a points of interest map. But what exactly does that show you? Just cities?

I can't speak to the 100 specifically, but in general the Rhino units have an FRS radio with one extra feature. You can broadcast your position. Therefore, if you are hiking/hunting/caching with other Rhino users, you can see them on your display, and vice versa.

Thats pretty cool, but what about the maps on them? I know the 110 only has a points of interest map. But what exactly does that show you? Just cities?

It depends on what map you choose, you can use all Garmin map, like Topo, City Selec, Bluechart.

The GPS60 has a bigger display with better resolution. The Rino takes 3 batteries, GPS60 only 2. GPS60 has built in waypoint averaging (useful when placing caches). I believe there is more customization of displays with the GPS60. There are more controls on the GPS60 so things are a bit easier to get to.

And you can find a better price for the GPS60 if you shop around. MegaGPS.com has it for $150, and the 110 for $145.

(I have a 60 & a friend has the 110)