Indianas Hardest Cache?

GerbilMafia

I was wondering if I could get a consensus on what the hardest / most challenging cache in Indiana might be. Basically I'm looking for several people who agree that one specific cache is the best cache around. I'm more interested in physically challenging caches and not so much the puzzle's (I know their hard) but feel free to include those as well. I recently completed The Journal in Illinois and wondered if anything compared closer to home.

Well GM.... I am guessing the newest "Indiana's Hardest Cache" is going to be this one

Insane Asylum

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...7f-9d5393a61d57

Seems Prairiepartners and BikiniBottomFeeders have teamed up to bring us "Insane Asylum". I suppose that those of us suffering from "Total Insanity" are supposed to be the new "inmates"

This cache went live last night, and knowing PP & BBF it WILL "Drive us ALL insane".

Well GM.... I am guessing the newest "Indiana's Hardest Cache" is going to be this one

Insane Asylum

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...7f-9d5393a61d57

Seems Prairiepartners and BikiniBottomFeeders have teamed up to bring us "Insane Asylum". I suppose that those of us suffering from "Total Insanity" are supposed to be the new "inmates"

This cache went live last night, and knowing PP & BBF it WILL "Drive us ALL insane".

I just checked out the page for Insane Asylum this morning, and I'm totally lost on how you would figure this one out. [; )] I bet its going to be a fun one!

I have got it figured out but to far away to go get it on short notice. I didnt think it was hard, if you have done another hard cache. But defenitly NOT the hardest.

I narrowed the insane aslym one to a 200 foot line in notime. If I could get down there to get it, I would.

I don't get it.

HOW?!?!?!

I have got it figured out but to far away to go get it on short notice. I didnt think it was hard, if you have done another hard cache. But defenitly NOT the hardest.

I am at the same spot as well...including being too far away to just run over and try.

I am at the same spot as well...including being too far away to just run over and try.

After reading some of the logs.... I should say this must not be like what i thought it was. Maybe on some of the stages are like other cache's.....

If all you want are physically hard caches then it is easy enough to run a pocket query. Of course this assumes that people are rating thier caches properly. Assuming that then you would want caches either 4 or 4.5 stars for terrain but not neccessarily 5 stars because 5-star is reserved for "special needs" (e.g., a canoe) which you may not have. I also notice that GerbilMafia likes non-micros to hunt. So ...running a pocket query based on this information shows 37 physically-terrain-hard, non-micro, non-small caches in Indiana.

Centering the search around GerbilMafia's home town of Peru shows that "Black Puma Gorge" is the nearest to him. Interestingly GM found this and wrote: ".... This one is truely awesome. Watch your step or you may take a long fall. I'm hooked. ..."

Now it is time time to find the other 36. Go get 'em tiger!

BTW: GM asks for a consensus on the hardest cache(s). I doubt if anyone has done all 37 (altough I wouldn't put it past Deermark and Daggy) and thus it will be difficult to get an consensus. Perhaps GM can do all of them and give us a report? :-)

Edited by RPW

I too think I.S. will lead to a physical challange.

I did remember one cache I did as a group in the middle of a snow storm and only imagine it could be a bear in the summer time. Coal Miners Cabin Again- GCG5GY

I did Coals Miner's Cabin in July, but early in the morning before it got too hot. I didn't think it was that dificult, at least not as dificult as every one around this area makes it out to be.

My son, Son-of-a-Jeep wants to do it at night, anyone ellse want to go??

I am probably a bit prejudiced but I feel that the most physically challenging caches are in the Southern part of Indiana. So much hillier down here. Check out GCRCT5 Capt McHarry's Vault. Also GCRVV2 Tornado Challenge. Check out the logs. Be sure to read from the bottom up. Funny. There are plenty more down here to make you sweat.

Deermark