Geocaching On My Motorbike

toothyfamily

On a paricularly beautiful Sunday afternoon, the toothykids had playdates and birthday parties to go to, and toothymama needed to get some gardening done, toothydad set out to cross the sound in search of a Hood Canal cache.

Ferry ride:

56967913-M.jpg

The GPS said 25 miles, but I know that's as the crow flies, so what better excuse for a motorcycle ride through the Kitsap peninsula on the way to the Mossywallups cache:

56967920-M.jpg

It's many miles indeed to the Hood Canal when it's sunny and you're on two wheels:

56967910-M.jpg

Edited by toothyfamily

Sorry, I didn't get a single picture out of that. I tried right clicking on it but no-joy. I have a PS250 Big Ruckus scooter that I use to Geocache. We have trailered it to Whidbey Island from Bremerton and stayed in the State Parks and rode around on the scooter to geocache.

It is a pleasure riding the scooter in the Seabeck areas looking for caches. I am waiting for Mt. Walker road to open to go after some of Hood Canal caches that I need. I would like to see your pictures. Could be just my computer. See you on the road. Dick, W7WT

THEY ARE THERE NOW. NICE PICTURES. DICK

Edited by W7WT

Looks like fun.

I got a Harley Sportster not too long ago, more or less for ferry commuting to work and school, but have been itching to take it on a long ride for some caches.

Problem is Chewie (the dog) doesn't want to be left behind. I may have to get a model with a sidecar. :)

Bull, we will have to get together for a ride. When the weather gets good and Mt. Walker road is open, a trip around the canal would be fun. Lots of good resturants where I could buy you lunch. Dick, W7WT

Toothyfamily,

Do you feel pretty good about clipping your explorist to the mount and driving at highway speeds?

I have an eXplorist 600 that I want to mount to my motorcycle, but haven't been able to get a look at the Magellan produced mount. I've just been using the map pocket of a tank bag, but that means I have to carry the tank bag along and lower my eyes further than I'd like to.

Toothyfamily,

Do you feel pretty good about clipping your explorist to the mount and driving at highway speeds?

I have an eXplorist 600 that I want to mount to my motorcycle, but haven't been able to get a look at the Magellan produced mount. I've just been using the map pocket of a tank bag, but that means I have to carry the tank bag along and lower my eyes further than I'd like to.

I even go off-road with the GPS in it's holder. I suppose that after some use it may be less secure, but I'm happy with it's performance so far. Although I do believe it's intended for a bicycle.

Do you know of the manufacturer Touratech? There's a retailer here in seattle- Cycoactive, Touratech has cool rallye gear specifically for motorcycles and have very nice aluminum GPS mounting hardware- mostly for Garmin units.

Also, please share a picture of your bike. Thanks