What Do You Do...

snowfoxrox

I have had a very fun and zig-zag career path, and I currently wear several hats. The main hat which I wear is this one:

I work as a recruiter and trainer for, ahem, "field operatives" who ahem, find and harvest organs destined for transplant. You may have heard tales of a friend of a friend, or of your aunt's son's best friend, who met an attractive member of the opposite gender (or whatever gender they prefer) in a bar, and then next thing that they knew, they awoke in an ice-filled bathtub in a hotel room, with a note and a phone nearby, to discover one of their kidneys had been harvested by organ thieves and that they had been crudely stitched up. Indeed, there are several websites which claim that these tales are merely urban legend. Well, someone has to recruit and train those organ harvesters who, ahem, interact with travelers and relieve them of excess kidneys, and they must be trained to handle, store and transport the organs properly. Our company had to stop harvesting livers and hearts, as the donors invariably never lived thru the operations, and our technicians were thus technically guily of felony homicide. This created a major logistical and public relations nightmare for our corporation, and we now train our field technicians to harvest only kidneys and pieces of liver.

(Note to self: NEVER go back to Maryland) :blink:

:blink:

I have had a very fun and zig-zag career path, and I currently wear several hats. The main hat which I wear is this one:

I work as a recruiter and trainer for, ahem, "field operatives" who ahem, find and harvest organs destined for transplant. You may have heard tales of a friend of a friend, or of your aunt's son's best friend, who met an attractive member of the opposite gender (or whatever gender they prefer) in a bar, and then next thing that they knew, they awoke in an ice-filled bathtub in a hotel room, with a note and a phone nearby, to discover one of their kidneys had been harvested by organ thieves and that they had been crudely stitched up. Indeed, there are several websites which claim that these tales are merely urban legend. Well, someone has to recruit and train those organ harvesters who, ahem, interact with travelers and relieve them of excess kidneys, and they must be trained to handle, store and transport the organs properly. Our company had to stop harvesting livers and hearts, as the donors invariably never lived thru the operations, and our technicians were thus technically guily of felony homicide. This created a major logistical and public relations nightmare for our corporation, and we now train our field technicians to harvest only kidneys and pieces of liver.

(Note to self: NEVER go back to Maryland) ;)

:P

:):P:blink::blink:;):):)

I work for the government and I'm here to help you....................

I'm an information systems tech for a CA gov't. agency. Sadly there are no analyst positions where I live and I refuse to move so............

My career goal is "Retired".

Gosh, everyone else's jobs sounds more interesting than mine!

Personal assistant to a investment advisor. Funny, I help him help his clients make money. He gets rewarded by his company who sends on him big trips, like to Italy for the Olympics! Hellloooo, who's back at home minding your office??

The other half is a bridge builder. Occasionally road building, but he likes bridges best.

Zoe-dog is chaser of the cat, eater of the "cookies," and keeper of the couch when she's not being a cache mutt.

Lieutenant for Polk County Fire Dept. (Florida). Also on the Special Operations Team, which deals with technical rescues (high angle, confined space, trench, vehicle/machine, & building collaspe) and hazardous materials emergencies.

Victory works as a Security Consultant for High Risk Companies/Jails/Schools etc...

Spicy is a full time college student (going to be a teacher) and works for a dentist's office 30+ hrs a week.

We are both so busy, we can only cache on the weekends... when we aren't too tired... :anibad:

Edited by spicy_victory

Parks Dept. Supervisor. Responsible for all the parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, school grounds, open spaces, public lands and grounds maintenance for all public buildings in the town I work for. In other words; I'm the guy you ask for permission to hide a cache in my town. :anibad:

Compliance Officer for an Underwriting Management Firm. I make sure our company is licensed in the states we write business in, we follow the laws of those states and use the appropriate forms, and we don't bone the insured’s.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I only know no one; I mean NO ONE in the insurance field or this office wants my job. I can't quit because the money is to good, and they won't fire me because that means somebody else has to do the job. So I'm currently sitting at my desk polishing ammo.

work.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Edited by Silly Look

Being a career firefighter pays the bills. Volunteer firefighter when I'm off.

Ditto 24 years next week, currently a Battalion Chief running a shift.

Do a little web design and hosting on the side along with alot of volunteer duties such as Red Cross, Search and Rescue, blah, blah.

I drive the PEPSI truck so we can all have GeoRefreshments after a long day of caching :P

GOD bless the PEPSI man...yeah a six pack of DP will do.

Not to be the bummer man, but

during most days I investigate sex crimes and crimes against children for a medium sized police agency. Most nights I become the owner and sole photographer for an event/wedding/portrait photography business. Looking forward to retire and get rid of the "most days" job and continue with the "most nights" job. Long live retirement!

Edited by Digital Louie

I am a paralegal for a medium-sized law firm - and within that, the operations manager for a title company (owned by the law firm) based on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. We have offices in five cities in MD, plus one in PA, and Dover De.

One cool thing about my job is the fact that I sometimes have settlements out in the burbs in the late afternoon... that is why I always have my GPSr (and swag) in by briefcase... :ph34r:

Another investment advisor here. (Though my company calls us "Investment Representatives.") As the only broker in the office I am the boss, so can take time off to cache. This means that I have to work much harder when I am in the office.

[And to respond to previous comments about investment advisors -- I once gave my assistant an all-expense cruise for two, and I did all the paperwork that week.]

Mostly I travel. Try not to do too much work especially for other people.

Decided years ago that I was not going to do much with my life so may as well travel.

I worked a a bar tender at a very popular club in Durban while studying Electronic Engineering, then I figured what the hell does one do with an electronic engineering degree, so now I travel.

I think that qualifies as a slacker

Edited by tttedzeins