"lost In The Woods" Website

LynchMan

I recal a website called "lost in the woods", I think. It was a database of coordinates for just about anything you could think of. You could just provide a name such as "wonder lake campgound" and it would display a list of matches.

Now, I can not seem to find the site. Anyone ever heard of it?

Thanks in advance.

The owner of lostoutdoors has been talking about shutting it down for some time. It appears he finally did. There are many other sites that have filled the void however.

Thank you for the info about the site. I like that site very much. Could you please tell me some of the sites that have similar info? TIA :D

I used Lostoutdoors maps for my first 800+ caches. It appears to be gone and I have now switched to Topozone.com. I think it is OK. There area a couple bugs that I would like to see changed and they area aware of them.. but overall I can't yet say that their maps have prevented me from finding a cache.

The owner of lostoutdoors has been talking about shutting it down for some time. It appears he finally did. There are many other sites that have filled the void however.

Thank you for the info about the site. I like that site very much. Could you please tell me some of the sites that have similar info? TIA :)

For the Topo maps, Topozone. For the sat pictures, Google Earth and Terraserver