Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hambone

Talk Around For Gw4

Just wondering, is there a talk around freq. for GW4.

Is it better to go on the national simplex channel on 2m, or is there another channel, or a repeater that would be better.

Just wondering, is there a talk around freq. for GW4.

Is it better to go on the national simplex channel on 2m, or is there another channel, or a repeater that would be better.

Hi,

I'm not exactly what your question is. There are 10 repeaters in Rawleigh and I am sure a lot more in the surronding area. I use the local repeaters to get to know other hams and to talk to the local hams that I know. I only use the national simplex frequency when traveling. Our local RACES also uses simplex during our monthly practice net. I also carry the repeater directory with me when traveling so that I can use a local repeater if necessary. Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me.

73's

Bob, W1ACX

I was actually thinking of Dallas, TX during GW4. It looks like Dallas' main repeater is 146.88 with + offset, and PL tone of 110.9.

If anyone is going to GW4 you will probably find me monitoring this freq. If anyone wants QSO, depending on location we may be able to go to simplex. I only have an HT though, so my range is very limited on simplex.

73's

Best bet would be to get a local geocaching Ham to recommend a local repeater that is relatively unused and open.

--Marky - K6FTF