Amazing Race

Who here watches the Amazing Race?

Teams race around the world looking for things and getting clues to continue to their next spot. Wouldn't it be fun to watch these teams use a GPS to get them around the world. They could use clues and coordinates to find the cache for more clues to get them through to the next leg of the race.

BTW. The Amazing Race starts next Tuesday........for those of you who have never seen it. It's on CBS....

Who here would watch this show more if they had GPS devices involved?

Edited by Big Sky Explorers

Love the show but leave the GPSr's at home.. Agree w. Johnny that it's funny when they get lost.

I agree somewhat, but considering some of the people on the show they would get lost with a GPS as well. Might be even funnier to see them figuring out how to use a GPS.

I have to agree. Watching them learn to use the thing would be a hoot. I remember what we must have lookedlike our first few times out! :P Heck, we haven't cached that long. We still look like a hoot. :) Make it even better. Hide their next clue in a cache without those red and yellow flags.

Did anyone see survivor the other night? The way the guy followed the clues on exile island made me think he must geocache.

just before I saw that episode, I thpought it would be cool to include GPS in the game for one of the challenges. My idea was that they would be given the units still in the box, and have to figure out how to use it and program in the next location on their own (the ones they were given on the show were already programed) as far as getting lost with a GPS, if they were using it in a city without the maps, it would only give you a straight line and that could still get you lost (as most of us know)

"ok, I see where I'm supposed to be, but HOW DO I GET THERE FROM HERE?!?"

Love the show but leave the GPSr's at home.. Agree w. Johnny that it's funny when they get lost.

I agree somewhat, but considering some of the people on the show they would get lost with a GPS as well. Might be even funnier to see them figuring out how to use a GPS.

Agree.... I have no idea how to use a GPS, but have often seen how poorly these people are at reading a simple road map. Just yesterday as I was walking along a rural highway on my way to a cache some guy stopped me to get directions. He had driven over 30 miles past countless intersections and hundreds of signs in the wrong direction and seemed upset at me because I had to give him three different route numbers with three turns to make to get to his destination 150 miles away.

Did anyone see survivor the other night? The way the guy followed the clues on exile island made me think he must geocache.

That is exactly what we thought too!! He should do well on the game with that insurance to help.

Yes but be glad the show made no connection to Geocaching in their comments... don't want to be digging down a foot for my ammo boxes.

We love the Amazing Race, have never seen an episode of survivor but a girl my daughter used to know and still keeps somewhat in contact with is on the current season that started 2 Feb. Her name is Misty Giles. She and my daughter hated each other in middle school. But they had a mutual friend and managed to be civil to each other and eventually came to be friendly. But being military we all moved away. Then a few years ago the mutual friend wanted to come visit my daughter in Germany and brought Misty with her and now they even email each other.

Amazin Race or Get Lost or whatever is on now. I've never seen it, I'm watching it because team John & Scott went to my High School. I knew Scott, no idea who the John fella is/was. Scott was a nice quiet kid, family is well known around the village. John seems like a bit of a drama.....guy. Hmmmmm..... what to say, I guess that closet got blown wide open...

First round losers.....

Edit: they lost BIG!, Sorry Scott....

Edited by Cape Cod Cacher

Tonights challenge reminded me of my second motorcycle which I brought home in a number of boxes in the back of my truck ? Having another GPSr related challenge would be fun to watch. Not the whole show being GPS driven though.

I agree that the whole show shouldn't be driven by a GPS, but it would be fun to l them on one of the clues to use the GPS with coordinates to find the next clue. No flag, just an ammo can colored with Amazing Race colors to find.