2006 South Carolina (scgo) Geocoin

SCGO

We’re determining interest in a 2006 South Carolina coin that is trackable with its own unique icon.

Details are as follows:

The face of the coin will be 3D and incorporate the South Carolina Geocaching Organization name and logo (a palmetto palm) with the words “Setting a New Standard.”

The back side will contain either 1) the 4-square geocaching symbol with the words “Trackable at geocaching.com.” or 2) the 4 main points of our Code of Etiquette rather than or in addition to the geocaching symbol. A tracking number with "Trackable at geocaching.com" will be there regardless.

Artwork will be forthcoming and will be posted in this thread. You will also be able to discuss and see the coin and its artwork at our
(
).

As mentioned, in addition to being trackable at geocaching.com, the coin will also have its own unique icon.

1000 coins will be minted with none being “limited edition.” If interest in the pre-orders is strong, the total minted could go as high as 1500. Increasing the quantity is a possibility since this is the first SC coin of its type. A firm mint quantity will be known before payment is taken.

Metallurgy will be antique bronze.

Cost will be comparable to other state/organization coins; i.e., $8 to $10 US. Profit will be used to support the South Carolina Geocaching Organization and its activities.

Formal orders and payment will occur in March. This may move based on the turnaround time from the mint. We will not take orders until we have a confirmed delivery. If all goes according to plan, the coins will be delivered in April.

Let us know your interest by emailing geocoins@scgeocaching.com … please no orders or inquiries to our profile address!

Please include the following in your email:

GC Name

Full Name

Address

Number Desired

PayPal Email Address

Thanks!

SCGO?

Wow! I must really be out of the loop. I tried to join, but haven't gotten my email confirmation back.

:lol:

Don't feel bad CR...Most of the people that are on there were invited. I was not one of them either.

Since this coin does not represent the people's interest, I will not be purchasing any.

So is this a THIRD South Carolina geocoin??? :D

This is another South Carolina geocaching org. group that has just started recently. There is also the SCGA which is another South Carolina geocaching association group.

So this will be a 2nd South Carolina geocaching group coin I guess you could say.

Also there is a state of South Carolina coin being made also that has no ties to either to represent the whole state.

Also there are a few of us that are making our own personal coins with South Carolina on it also here real soon.

I hope this makes sense??

So is this a THIRD South Carolina geocoin??? :anicute:

This is another South Carolina geocaching org. group that has just started recently. There is also the SCGA which is another South Carolina geocaching association group.

So this will be a 2nd South Carolina geocaching group coin I guess you could say.

Also there is a state of South Carolina coin being made also that has no ties to either to represent the whole state.

Can this coin be seen anywhere?

Also there are a few of us that are making our own personal coins with South Carolina on it also here real soon.

I'd like to see these too

Thanks,

Chris

So is this a THIRD South Carolina geocoin??? :)

See this forum thread for information about it http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...20goecoin&st=50 or email me for an image

One of the personals can be seen here http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=122911

I know 2 others that are under developement.

Thanks,

Chris

See the above additions

Parrolet

Edited by Parrolet

So is this a THIRD South Carolina geocoin??? :P

See this forum thread for information about it http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...20goecoin&st=50

One of the personals can be seen here http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=122911

I know 2 others that are under developement.

Thanks,

Chris

See the above additions

Parrolet