Missing Tb Found Again - How Do I Add The Miles

buddles

My poor TB, Nerd Pride, was reported lost in New Hampshire by a cache owner. The cache owner tried very hard to help me track down the person who signed out my TB. It seemed to be a dead end. Months later I received an update that Nerd Pride had been picked up in Florida. I am absolutely thrilled! I was wondering if it is somehow possible to add the miles from New Hampshire to Florida. Nerd Pride is now on a plane to Michigan!

If you know the cache it was found in you can drop the bug into the cache by posting a note then retrieving it back out. There are a few steps you'll need to take to properly log it based on who's holding it and if it's been logged through other caches since.

Let us know if you need any specific instructions.

Really the current holder should have dropped it into the cache (and back out) after grabbing it. You could just send them a note asking them to do this before they log it into another cache.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Really the current holder should have dropped it into the cache (and back out) after grabbing it. You could just send them a note asking them to do this before they log it into another cache.

This is a wonderful idea! I have been in touch with them. I'm sure they will do this for me.

many, many thanks,

Buddles

If you know the cache it was found in you can drop the bug into the cache by posting a note then retrieving it back out. There are a few steps you'll need to take to properly log it based on who's holding it and if it's been logged through other caches since.

I also have a problem. I dropped a TB, but someone else retrived it and logged it before I could log my drop, so a 3000 mi section of the TBs trip is missing. The 'toubleshooting' section is vague- contact the current holder and grab it, then drop it. Whats the procedure to grab it?

I also have a problem. I dropped a TB, but someone else retrived it and logged it before I could log my drop, so a 3000 mi section of the TBs trip is missing. The 'toubleshooting' section is vague- contact the current holder and grab it, then drop it. Whats the procedure to grab it?

See this thread for my response.

It's ok to start your own thread for these kinds of issues.