Inventory Time> What GPS Units Do You Own ?

GOT GPS?

garmin gps 12 (still in use by a cache buddy)

garmin gps IIIplus

garmin gpsmap 76S (stolen)

garmin gpsmap 76C (sold)

garmin gpsmap 76CSx

garmin street pilot 7200

happy hunting - the old fashioned way (trads only, exceptions may appear)

Update:

Oregon 300

Oregon 550

ok

I started with an etrex (yellow) which I got for free brand new. Tried it and didn't know what to use it for so I sold it. Only to discover geocaching 2 months later.

So I purchased the Garmin GSPmap 60CSx (loved it for my first 700-1000 caches)still have it.

Then I saw paperless- so I purchased the Colorado 300 (love it & I have the beta to find chirps on it)

Bought a second Colorado 300 (back up)still have both.

Then I saw Magellan GC explorist held 10,000 caches (love it but small screen)

So I bought the Explorist 610 (larger screen) I like it (photos,video, recording)

Now I'm thinking about the Oregon 550 (camera is a plus & I can communicate with other Garmins & use it to set up & find the chirps) can't with my Magellan)

When does it stop!!!!

ok since my last post (2/19) here I have made some changes. I sold my Garmin Map60, and one of my Colorado 300s. I also just purchased 2 days ago the Garmin 550, I've only tested it with a waypoint and have not yet cached with it but I think I like it.

Edited by vonjoekasey

Right now:

Garmin 78sc (not a great deal better than the 60CSx but it is feature rich and has a better handholding position)

Garmin Etrex H (back up)

Have but not used in a while:

Garmin 12CX (will never say die)FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BOLD! Ditto for the 12Map also

Garmin 12MAP (if the world is comming to an end this is the gps i will jam in my pocket with my 9mm and a hunting knife.no gps made can outrun this monster for its ruggedness, long battery life, and end over end ability to work as a gps, and not least its got one of the best sat acquisition times for a non mil spec device, and stays locked on even when others would normally fade out. just needs some updated features and it would be on top)

Garmin GPS III+ (perhaps of all the gps this is my favorite for its handhold position and features,too bad it lacks a great deal.)

In The Past:

Garmin GPS II+ again this is just like my gps iii+, but was for use in Australia.

Garmin 12, drunk one evening and gave it away.!!!!

Garmin 60CSx (nice device but too clumsy for anything but walking on the ground, in the air or moving fast difficult to use and maintain without great effort as it lacks a really good handhold.

Magellan 2000 XL (talk about feature poor, this was nearly 20 years ago and if i recall correctly it chiseled the data onto a stone pad.

Edited by Endorfun

Garmin eTrex Venture HC

Garmin Nuvi 350

I load both with 400 caches each with GSAK for the driving and finding, and log onsite with a Droid 3 and c:geo.

Looking forward to getting something new this next year. Been agonizing/drooling over a 62s, Montana 600 or the Dezl trucker model. Not sure which way to go yet.

Started with a Garmin E-Trex legend. Easy to use, but cannot paperless geocache. I still use it as a backup.

Used a Garmin Colorado 400T for about two years. Never got comfortable with it.

Now I use a Magellan Explorist 610. Terrific unit. Easy to use. (I have a friend that uses a Magellan Explorist GC. It works just fine for him and not nearly as expensive as the 610.)

I also use a Garmin Nuvi 250W. It makes geocaching by car much easier and safer than using a handheld unit while behind the wheel. It will take pocket queries just fine. I use it to get close then finish up with the 610.

Edited by Wyomingguy

Started out with a Geko 201 and 60CS. Then upgraded the 60CS to a 60CSx, but only recently sold the 60CS.

Recently upgraded the 60CSx to a Montana 650 and handed the 60CSx down to my wife. She hardly uses a GPS, but when she's out on the bike it's good to know she's got a facility to get home if she ever should get lost.

Started off using my phone, but after a few weeks bought a Colorado 300...then after a couple of months an etrex H for my step-son who kept wanting to use mine!

Then I got an Oregon 450 and now he has the Colorado. The etrex just sits there lonely..... :(

Started off using my phone, but after a few weeks bought a Colorado 300...then after a couple of months an etrex H for my step-son who kept wanting to use mine!

Then I got an Oregon 450 and now he has the Colorado. The etrex just sits there lonely..... :(

I have a blue Garmin Etrex Legend (first dedicated GPS) but with no cord (didn't know the purpose at the time, and this was sold to me without it. I had to hand input every single coordinate! Wasn't too bad, but couldn't really get into caching with it, so bought and used the Iphone app for awhile.

Then I bought a Garmin Dakota 10 for the paperless feature, now I hate it, due to the fact that it's missing the electronic 3axis compass.

So I'm saving up and planning to get an Oregon 400 unless prices of higher models go down before then.

Past:

iPAQ PPC w/ TeleType CF GPSr & Mapopolis

Garmin GPSMap 60cs

Garmin Oregon 400t

Lowrance Endura Sierra

Present:

Garmin Dakota 20

Garmin Colorado 400t

Garmin Oregon 300

Garmin Oregon 450

Garmin Oregon 550t

Garmin Montana 650 <--- This is the unit I use every day!

Garmin nuvi 3790LMT

Edited by Atlas Cached

Currently I own the Garmin Venture, which has helped me locate over 600 caches in the last 2 years. But thinking of going paperless with the Garmin Dakota 20. Any opinions or suggestions out there? Thanks.

I have the Dakota 20... awesome little GPS for caching love the paperless option. :0)

My current GPS devices:

For car navigation:

Garmin nuvi 755T

Garmin nuvi 855

For geocaching/hiking:

Garmin Oregon 550T

Lowrance Endura Sierra

For geotagging photos:

Casio EX-H20G digital camera

I just picked up the Endura Sierra used on eBay last week (for $77). I wanted a second unit with a compass to use when I geocache with someone who doesn't own a handheld. I haven't used it yet, so the jury is still out on whether it was a bargain or a stupid purchase.

My first GPS was a Delorme LT-20. It is a USB puck that plugs into a laptop for car navigation with their Street Atlas or Topo software. It still works, but I don't use it any more.

Two Nuvi 550. two 60CSx. one 76CSx for backup. Works well for us. Bought wife's 60CSx and a new 78S from REI. The wifes 60CSx performed better in finding caches so returned the 78S and got another 60CSx. Almost forgot, I still have my orginal Garmin 45.

Edited by W7WT

Currently using a Vista HCx and a Foretrex 401, with an iPhone 4 running the Groundspeak app. Past units included everything from the Venture to the Oregon 450 & 62S. The Vista HCx hits a sweet spot for size, screen & font visibility, features, mature firmware, and battery life. Paperless caching is missed, but being able to load lots of POI files is a nice workaround.

8369901945_b6f90878c6_c.jpg

Edited by Pacific NW

@Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Been wanting to take this pic of the family before they're split up soon.

ae61875a-aeff-4dcb-a8d9-be6abc8fc216.jpg

Magellan Meridians - 2

Magellan Explorist 500

Magellan Explorist 100

Magellan Roadmate

Magellan Sportrak Map

Magellan GPS Companion for Handspring Visor

Rand McNally Streetfinder GPS for Palm III

TravRoute Co-Pilot GPS

Ths insanity must end. Only two purchased new - one won in Magellan contest.

Thanks for the inspiration Got GPS, forgot I had a couple of these around.

I have an etrex vista hcx I cannot see it in the list is it the only one. its ok but would like to go paperless .it seems that all the new Garmin have lots of problems.i gather this from the star ratings on amazon. any alternatives recommended.

I have an etrex vista hcx I cannot see it in the list is it the only one. its ok but would like to go paperless .it seems that all the new Garmin have lots of problems.i gather this from the star ratings on amazon. any alternatives recommended.

Not sure why "reviews" are like that, as for handhelds, Garmin (IMO) is pretty-much the way to go now.

- And the only manufacturer that can be used (newer models only) in the new send-to "list" function on this site.

Back on topic, we both still have working blue legends that we keep in our vehicles for spare/loaner.

Still using 60cxs' for caching, since we can't seem to kill them. ;)

Both still have nuvi 660s that are functioning too.

She's shot a lotta bucks on had all garmin wrist gps at some time though, thinking that next one may be great for the Harleys.

Now (like me), she just puts a 660 on that too (or uses her iphone).