Geocoin Minters Owned/operated By Geocachers

Anthus

Good question. I know them when I see them since ICE buys from them enough but I never did keep a list.

Oakcoins - nielsenc

The Cachingplace - Cach U Nuts and several others. It's a partneship.

gcCoins - SlytherinAlex

Geocoinstore - Another partnership. trippy1976 I think and at least one other. Bjorn?

Coins and Pins - Don't know the geoname

CH quality coins - ?

Off the top of my head.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Do youknow which geocachers own which geocoin minting companies?

I don't think any of these companies mint the coins, they send them out to china and such places to have them minted. Is that what you were asking?

No. What I wanted to know is what is the Geo Nick Names of the owners of these minters. I'm not sure if minters is the correct term. I did know that there are only a few coin production plants in the world (with some being in China) so I'm not sure if they are really brokers but everyone seems to be calling them minters. I think somewhere I saw that CH Quality Coins might have been operated by Cache Hunters. That was the info that I was looking for. I also think I saw an event somewhere were the geocachers that operated the minting companies were going to be at the event to help answer questions for anyone wanting to mint a coin.

The Caching Place - Cach-u-nuts

Oak Coins - nielsenc

I also think I saw an event somewhere were the geocachers that operated the minting companies were going to be at the event to help answer questions for anyone wanting to mint a coin.

If you're talking about the one Parents of SAM mentioned, that's my event. No company reps will be there, but all (coins&pins, oak cons, the caching place, personal geocoins/geocoin club) donated items to give away and promote their businesses. It's an informal gathering where other cachers who have had coins minted will be available to answer questions and guide new folks who are interested in having coins minted. It's also a coin swap event.

Edited by AtlantaGal

CoinsandPins is also owned and operated by two active Geocachers out of North Carolina.

But Coins and Pins was in business before the coins came about on GC.com

There have been making coins before everyone else. Most if not all the others on the list came about because of the coin craze on GC.com

Richard

Edited by GeoCrickets

The Caching Place - Cach-u-nuts

Oak Coins - nielsenc

Thanks. This was exactly the info I was looking for.

I was thinking about doing a similar event in my area sometime in the Spring. I would be greatful for any info on hosting a geocoin event that you can pass along. I've never hosted (or attended) any event. There's a regular caching event soon in a nearby city that I plan on going to. I believe it's in about a month. We don't have very many events area my area.

Thanks again.....Anthus

CoinsandPins is also owned and operated by two active Geocachers out of North Carolina.

But Coins and Pins was in business before the coins came about on GC.com

There have been, everyone else on the list came about because of the coin craze on GC.com

Richard

Hence the reason FOUR out of FOUR Yimes use coinsandpins.com for all of our metal needs! We're so happy and confident with Aaron and Tess's work, that they'll be the first people we call when the YoungYime needs braces. Now THAT'S experience for you!

gotgrill.jpg

THANK YOU, COINS AND PINS!!!

I will fill you in on us.

Geocoin Club & Geocoin Store - partnership of Trippy1976, Bjorn74 and myself. I cache as Rusty & Libby in Michigan and I have been a member since November 2000! We are all geocachers and VERY active in our local communities. Trippy & I are co-founders of MiGO and Bjorn founded one of the groups in Ohio.

Personal Geocoins - This is my site alone run by my wife and I.

Rusty...

I dont know if this thread is off-topic and feel free to edit my post.

Oakcoins/Geoswag is run by my brother and me. We made our first custom item over 20 years ago from a place in Taiwan. Who knew that would lead us to Geocoins and other items today.

And to answer the other question, there isnt one of the companies here which own the mint/factory, and someone could correct me. My guess is there are three or so different mints around the world cranking out Geocoins, with China most likely leading the way. The factory I visited had between 4,000 - 5,000 employees working for them.

Hope that is helpful.

regards,

nielsenc

Now that's funny, :P I usually don't know cachers real names only their geonicks. :D

Not really. If you didn't personally cache with them last month, you wouldn't know them either B)

Well actually I would still know them due to the fact that I have met them before that event and went caching with them too. :)

By the way AG, I wasn't attacking you, I just thought is was funny the way "I" couldn't remember folks real names and that was it.

Good question. I know them when I see them since ICE buys from them enough but I never did keep a list.

gcCoins - SlytherinAlex

I do all my own designs except for the coins marketed on behalf of geocachers from various European countries ie Finland, Luxembourg and Portugal where I acted as an advisor and helped them finalise their designs.

All my coins so far have been manufactured by coinsandpins. Not the cheapest but the quality is first class.

Alex.

Hey...Thanks Dano! Hadn't noticed this thread before but you are right, we're actively geocaching. 750+ finds. Its a great way to get out and explore our world, get some exercise and walk the dog.

Not that we attempt use the forums to promote our business, but looking back up this thread it appears that everyone else put in a little plug last winter. So we don't feel to guilty about giving everyone a little background info... :D

I (Chris) have been in the graphics business for many years making interpretive and map signs for parks... in fact, in cooperation with my father's company, we are the largest supplier of map and interpretive signs for BC Parks. We also do web graphics and now coin design.

I guess it must be as a result of our long term association with park authorities, but we are advocates of responsible geocaching and promote it through our Park Friendly geocaching initiative. I am also a director of the British Columbia Geocaching Association (BCGA).

We came into geocoin design through the 2006 BC geocoin as no one else in our area seemed to be able to come up with a design that worked for the masses. It was a natural fit for a company who is into graphics already and REALLY into caching. We attempt to apply our customer service skills and committment to quality to our geocoin design and all our landsharkz.ca activities.

Nuff said, Happy caching.