Welcome Note Inside Cache Container

lifesajrny

What kind of welcome note do you put inside of a cache container? Do you use the standard note provided by Groundspeak in word format? "It's also recommended to have a note to welcome the cache finder and let them know what it is all about (if they accidentally found the cache"

Or, do you use a custom note?

I use a custom note, formatted to fit inside the lid of the ammo box, or whatever container I'm using. I usually laminate it and glue it inside the lid.

It generally follows the Groundspeak note, but is much more concise. Here my basic note, though I may make it even shorter for micros:

Geocache Site - Please Read

This container is part of a sport for GPS users called geocaching. It is not

abandoned and is the personal property of the participant.

If you found this container by accident, please do not move it. Feel free to

note your visit in the logbook and if possible, please let us know you found it at:

www.geocaching.com

Reference GCxxxx. For more information about this container or geocaching see the above website.

If you have any concerns about this container contact me at xxxxx@xxxx.xxx

I write a note on the first page of the logbook, in addition to the GS standard one that I laminate. It will have the date we placed it, then most always starts with: "Welcome to our cache, "Cache Name." We hope you enjoy it, as well as the other caches in the area. Happy Caching! TeamVilla5." If it's a theme cache, the note is a bit longer and more specific, but you get the idea!

Happy Caching!

Lori V.

There are parts of the standard letter that I think are pointless, or silly.

For instance, "Please do not move or vandalize the container".

I can see some guy finding the cache, reading it and saying "Well hell, I wuz jus gonna smash it with with my sledghammer. "Good thing I read the part about not vandalizin' it."

Quick question...

How can you include the cache number GCXXXX to the note when you need to place the cache before it is approved? (I plan on placeing a cache outside my area)

Start creating the cache page before you place the cache but uncheck the box that says "Yes, this cache is currently active". This will "reserve" a cache number which you can then see on the cache listing (which only you can see at this point). Create the note. Place the cache. Update the listing and then check the box that says "Yes, this cache is currently active". Submit the listing.