Car Mounts

Bus36

I was looking at car mounts on ebay and saw some mounts that hook up to your air vents. These seem to be the cheapest way to go but wanted some thoughts on them or if anyone has tried them out. Just got a new 60cx and CN and am looking to save some money since the wife has hinted that I have spent enough. Still would like to squeeze in a car mount and car adapter though so any ways to get them cheap would be appreciated.

I was looking at car mounts on ebay and saw some mounts that hook up to your air vents. These seem to be the cheapest way to go but wanted some thoughts on them or if anyone has tried them out. Just got a new 60cx and CN and am looking to save some money since the wife has hinted that I have spent enough. Still would like to squeeze in a car mount and car adapter though so any ways to get them cheap would be appreciated.

Well, it depends on what type of air vents your car has. I have a Jeep Liberty and tried the Radio Shack branded air vent mounts...AWFUL. And worse, hey just might break your air vents.

you're better off with a glass suction cup mount.

I just received my "air vent mounts" for my 60C yesterday.....they broke on the first day. Useless...don't waste your money. They fit really loose in the vent and with the 60C you cannot use them with the cig lighter adapter plugged into the unit.

Save your money and make your wife happy! :)

Just put a plactic wire tie, or other looping device thru the vent and clip to it using the Garmin belt clip you already have. My wife carries her Garmin 60C on a neck lanyard with a 3 inch diameter key ring on the hook. She attaches the GPS using the Garmin belt clip and it works great. :) ImpalaBob

That is a good idea. Will have to try it out when I get home. Thanks for the help.