Caching Holiday In Southern Ireland

bones1

does any body know of a web site that might be usefull for planning a caching holiday in southern ireland.we are spoilt here with memory map.i have posed this question before and had some answers that we tried but the maps were not very detailed.if i could find a leprechaun when we get there that might be usefull.patandjeff and we can take the corgies=bones1.

You could of course resort to the tried and trusted method of drawing pencil crosses on real paper maps - 1:50,000 scale would be best. Of course if you are travelling around Ireland this could become quite expensive. If you want to buy any maps, I recommend the Map Shop at Upton-upon-Severn in Worcestershire - www.themapshop.co.uk

I did find that the alternative co-ordinates given on the cache pages are not given in Irish grid, so they would need to be converted in order to find the place on the map.

It worked for me, although I didn't actually have to purchase any maps, as my father collects maps and has all of the Irish maps and lent them to me! :)

PP

does any body know of a web site that might be usefull for planning a caching holiday in southern ireland.we are spoilt here with memory map.i have posed this question before and had some answers that we tried but the maps were not very detailed.if i could find a leprechaun when we get there that might be usefull.patandjeff and we can take the corgies=bones1.

There is nothing even roughly equivalent to Memory Map for Ireland. Online OS maps are not available for Ireland (apart from NI)

The best web mapping is at Maporama, which uses the most up-to-date Navteq road maps available. These are not fully detailed, but they're better than nothing. (And better than Garmin's current product, as well.)

For motoring, the best nav product for visitors is still this one.

None of these maps can be used to find leprechauns.

Hth,

-Wlw

There is nothing even roughly equivalent to Memory Map for Ireland. Online OS maps are not available for Ireland (apart from NI)

Unless you purchase paper maps in advance, scan them and georeference them for use with the Euro version of MM. I have doen this very successfully so feel free to email me if you need some help.

The best web mapping is at Maporama, which uses the most up-to-date Navteq road maps available. These are not fully detailed, but they're better than nothing. (And better than Garmin's current product, as well.)

For motoring, the best nav product for visitors is still this one.

In another thread someone pointed me towards the OS "Get-A-Map" website. This gives online maps to a scale of 1:250,000 which is close in detail to the paper map wlw recommended.

If you have the time and patience the images can be saved from the Get-A-Map site, georeferenced and stitched together to use with MM Euro Version too.