Geocoin Database - List Coins You've Created

Anthus

If you are a coin creator and would like to have your coin(s) listed in my geocoin database, please send me an email with the following information. You can provide as much or as little information as you like.

Coin Name:

Coin Creator

Front Image:

Back Image:

Coin Type: (personal, event, location, other, group, coin club, charity)

Year Minted:

Month Minted:

Minter:

Qty Minted:

Size:

Metal:

Dimension: (2D, 3D)

Thickness:

Country Coin Released In:

Limited Edition: y/n

Serial Numbered: y/n

Cutout: y/n

Odd Shape: y/n

Glow in the Dark: y/n

Epoxy: y/n

Micro: y/n

Spins: y/n

Trackable on geocaching.com: y/n

Custom Icon: y/n

Icon Image:

Prefix:

Other Tracking Location (non-geocaching.com):

Coin Activation Web Site:

Sold out: y/n

Trade only: y/n

Price:

Est. Shipment Date (if not already shipped):

Comments:

Thanks......Anthus

Edited by Anthus

I like to keep as much information about a coin as I can. It's great to know all the details about the coins that I have collected or the ones that I am seeking. Currently, I record this info as I come across it -- which is mostly through the forum posts when a new coin is announced. But not everyone provides all the information and information on the older coins is hard to come by. It would be great to have the complete information all in one place.

The program is not a web application. Rather it is a stand along program that you load onto your PC. That way you always have your coin collection information. If the web goes down, no problem for your data is still available on your PC. Likewise, if you are at an event and have a laptop but no internet connection, no problem for you can view all your coin lists from your laptop. This is great for geocoin and cache events.

The beauty about my program is that you can keep as much or as little data about a coin that you want. I like to keep as much as I can. Others may just want to keep the basics such as coin name, coin creator, and quantity minted. Some of the users have asked if I could provide the coin information with the program. So, I posted this tread so I could get the most accurate coin information right from the coin creators themselves.

If you want to learn more about the program, you can visit my personal web site at www.johnandstacy.com.

Thanks....Anthus

Thanks to those that have submitted their coin information! I have almost 400 coins preloaded into the database. I'd like to include pictures with each coin creator's permission. Please send me your coin pictures or a link to where they are so that I can load them into the database.

The coins loaded as of next weekend will be part of the next free upgrade and will also be available to all new users. I will be emailing all current users with information on how to get the free upgrade in about a week.

Thanks....Anthus

Nice because your program is a PITA to set up. <_< I gave up on it after the first two or three tries. I'd love to be able to use it, but it's cumbersome.

Please send me an email at geocoins@johnandstacy.com and explain. I'd rather work with you to make it better than you just giving up on it. = )

I tried to make it as flexible as possible. The basic steps to set up a coin is to:

1. Add the coin creator to the Cachers and Groups

2. Add the coin to the Master GeoCoin List

3. Add the transaction info (trade, keep, available) to the My Geocoin Inventory

You can skip Step 1 if you don't want to keep tabs on who created what. You also do not have to fill out all the info on the master coin list or the inventory; just what info you want to keep. Me, I try to fill out as much as I can.

What I'm now providing is just the name of the coin creator (if known) and all info I can find on a coin except for pictures. I only include pictures if I have approval from the coin creator. This will definately speed up the process of entering coins into the db.

Hope that helps.....Anthus

Nice because your program is a PITA to set up. :mad: I gave up on it after the first two or three tries. I'd love to be able to use it, but it's cumbersome.

Please send me an email at geocoins@johnandstacy.com and explain. I'd rather work with you to make it better than you just giving up on it. = )

I tried to make it as flexible as possible. The basic steps to set up a coin is to:

1. Add the coin creator to the Cachers and Groups

2. Add the coin to the Master GeoCoin List

3. Add the transaction info (trade, keep, available) to the My Geocoin Inventory

You can skip Step 1 if you don't want to keep tabs on who created what. You also do not have to fill out all the info on the master coin list or the inventory; just what info you want to keep. Me, I try to fill out as much as I can.

What I'm now providing is just the name of the coin creator (if known) and all info I can find on a coin except for pictures. I only include pictures if I have approval from the coin creator. This will definately speed up the process of entering coins into the db.

Hope that helps.....Anthus

Sent you an email regarding your request for feedback. I'm still hoping the update and the database download will help...

The upgrade is ready. Unfortunatly the size of the file zipped is 90MB (up to 800 coins now). Does anyone know of a good way to distribute this via the internet? I tried Google Groups and Yahoo Groups but max file size is 20MB. My current web host provider will not permit this type of bandwidth. Please email me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks...Anthus