Is A "personal" Tb Ok?

Tonylama

What if I was to activate a TB and then "dip" it into each cache I have found (in order) by way of a note - not a new find --- so as to go back and capture data on how far I have traveled from cache to cache.

Does that ever happen? Has anyone ever done this? Would it work? :D

Edited by Tonylama

We also have a personal travel bug that we drop into each cache and then retreive it. We got the idea from a fellow cacher who does the same thing. We activated our TB after we'd found about 40 or so caches. Made for interesting emails from cache owners wondering how we left a TB in a nano or mirco cache. After we logged the note we went back and deleted it. Now we drop the bug with our Found log, the cache owner isn't even aware unless they check the TB history on their cache page.

I've been doing this for awhile with my Vacation Vampire travel bug. Also, I will dip TB's that I actually have with me in and out of caches to help their owners log up some miles as well. Picked up a couple in Utah this past weekend, and will dip them close to home before I find the right spot to leave them.

It's fun to watch the miles you've cached increase.

I have a personal Tb that travels with me as well. I dont log it into "every" cache, just one for the day. Just to much trouble for me, to log it into every one, but what ever you like is not a problem. :D

Yeah, I do the same. I pick my favorite cache of the day and log that one. I found logging it into all the caches of the day was a real pain (and I'm a low numbers person!).

Mines over 16K miles now, but it's hopped the pond a couple of times.

curious .....you drop them in "electronically" then retrieve??? I have a set of un activated tags, sounds like a great idea

Most people actually have some physical object with the tag attached, I think. It would feel funny otherwise. I often take photos with mine:

c354c0d3-bc09-43e0-ab55-b962f574ee77.jpg

It ends up being kind of a combination mascot and caching diary.

curious .....you drop them in "electronically" then retrieve??? I have a set of un activated tags, sounds like a great idea

As Auntie said, typically most people do. My PTB is my shadow so it's hard to keep it attached. (Yes, both the tag and my shadow.)

But I usually have it with me. (Yes, both the tag and my shadow.)