Ammo Can Bbq'r-- Need Help

-Hawk-

I am wanting to build a BBQ'r to use at some of the Kitsap County Events, Namely beginning with Shop99ers Spring Fling,but am low on resources. Is there anyone local that knows how to weld, and would have scrap metal to use in the construction of said item? I do have some rough design ideas, and am up for suggestions you may have.

I am also entertaining the idea pending resources mentioned above, of making a smoker that looks like a 35mm film cannister to use at the events as well.

Whaddya think?

I am wanting to build a BBQ'r to use at some of the Kitsap County Events, Namely beginning with Shop99ers Spring Fling,but am low on resources. Is there anyone local that knows how to weld, and would have scrap metal to use in the construction of said item? I do have some rough design ideas, and am up for suggestions you may have.

I am also entertaining the idea pending resources mentioned above, of making a smoker that looks like a 35mm film cannister to use at the events as well.

Whaddya think?

You want to make a grill that looks like an ammo can ?

Any guesses how long it'll take for the Bomb Squad to be called by a passerby ?

I'd say start with a pre-formed "found object", like an aluminum cooler or a used toolbox, and adorn it to resemble an ammo box.

If you ever get to Seattle, check out Pacific Industrial Supply on 4th Ave South. Tons of sculpture supplies.

I was thinking originally, that since this is an "event" driven project that bigger is better(since upwards of 75 people or so may be eating from this possibly), such as a 55 gallon drum cut in half (keping in mind burn in period for such an item), then welding the four sides on with sheet metal. I can go on from there with details.

If need be I was thinking of using an existing gas grill and welding/attaching the sides somehow and basing the design off of that. Thanks for the input thus far.