B&s Personal Geocoin Available Shortly

Balla & Silly

b+s+coin3.gif

Finally – after several months we are glad to announce the release of our own personal geocoin.

Here are some short facts:

o 500 coins have been minted

o Size: 1,75” (4,4 cm)

o Antique silver finish

o 3D images on both sides

o Colours: red and black (for different text)

o Trackable on geocaching.com with its own custom icon

More informations about this coin can be found here.

The coin will shortly be available and then reservations can be made. We will put a note with the link for the reservation page in this forum as soon as they can be made.

Please don’t email us for trades yet. We have some open trades to satisfy first (for coins we didn’t want to miss) and we also don’t want to start further trades until we actually have our part of the coins in our hands (the photos above are taken from the sample coin). If you want to be sure not to miss this coin you better purchase it (it will be sold at a fair price).

Thanks, Balla & Silly

Edited by Balla & Silly

When do these coins go on sale?

The reservations will start very shortly. I just made a little modification on the icon.

bands_icon32.gif That's how it will look like now.

Thanks a lot for your interest and stay tuned... :D

Balla & Silly

P.S.: Sorry for any email delays. I've been working overtime the last few days, had a lot else to do afterwards and we're off tomorrow for a caching tour. But sunday and monday I will do all our mails.

Weird, I had an email waiting in my mailbox this morning when I woke up. So I reserved 2 around 9 am or so. I assume I got them since there wasn't and sold out message on USA's page.

Know whatcha mean. Wish some of these "pre-order/reserve it" coins had a "who got'em" list so we knew whether or not we needed to solicite trades.

:lol:

Well, after the arrival of the coins in the US we finally got our part as well today. They look really great, we are totally happy. :P

Tomorrow we will index them and then handle the trades we've already done (plus the gifts for family and friends). And we will sort out the coins that we want to put into caches. Please understand if we can't say "yes" or "no" to any further trades in the moment. We've never done a coin production before and we are surprised how quick they still vanish. That's why we are stopping trades for a short while now until we know exactly how many coins will be left after all for further trades.

The special icon isn't up yet but should be shortly. (Yes, of course I was curious and had to activate one coin.) :)

But tonight it's just a big cheers for us! :)

Balla & Silly

0d30e025-1bf7-4832-af22-a607f3188c2f.jpg

We just got a notice that the first two of our "Balla & Silly Geocoins" have appeared on that e-place.:D

We know we can't do anything against it but we'd like to say that we hate to see our coins on the shelf at that place. If we should find out who's behind the offers we'll make sure that these people will never purchase or trade a coin of us again. We tried our best to offer this coin at a reasonable price, so it would be affordable for everyone, and we didn't make one penny profit on it. Some missed the offer because of the greed of others and it's sickening to see these guys making profit on our coin... :D

Balla & Silly

The notice did come out at 3 a.m., at least in NY it did! I was just finishing downloading waypoints for a big caching trip the next day and saw the notice. I was soooo happy! If I would have missed this coin, I would have cried. Seriously. I have a little silver Brandenburg Tor on my charm bracelet. I visited Germany and Berlin the summer before the wall came down. I am sending one of these coins to the family that hosted for me. : ) Maybe they will be geocachers now, too!

Thank you Balla and Silly for producing such a beautiful coin! I absolutely LOVE it!

Of course we are watching this thread but unfortunately we can't answer every question (like FlyinV's) or we prefer to write an email instead of a public answer.

What makes us really happy are the positive reactions to our coin, especially to the design. And what we enjoy reading again and again is the feedback of guinea_gal, thank you very, very much! What a nice story as well! We are thinking of quoting some of the feedbacks on our site of the B&S coin and will contact the people who sent us mails or left a forum entry before we do so.

When you put a lot of effort into something that's a return that can't be paid with money. Thanks a lot! :anicute:

Balla & Silly

One more thing we've noticed. When you activate a B&S Geocoin it shows "Balla & amp; Silly Geocoin" on top of the coinsite because the system doesn't really like the "&" and wants to get told twice that it has to show it. :anicute:

You just need to do two clicks:

- edit this item

- submit changes

That's it and the name on top will show "Balla & Silly Geocoin".

Balla & Silly

Edited by Balla & Silly

Oh wow am I ever blushing! :rolleyes: I'm happy you liked my story. That trip really made a big impact on my life. I was very sad the day my Ich liebe Berlin coffee mug broke. :smile: At least I still have my German crossword puzzle mug! (Very different from US puzzles!)

Thank you again for the gorgeous coin!

~gg