Banned Members You'd Love To Bring Back

I remember Kerry

He used to visit the GPS units and software forum alot, but never did any caching.

It seemed like he was somewhat helpfull there, but a little off track sometimes, and toward the end things got crazy.

I think he voluntarily Banned himself, by the looks of things.

EDIT: Misspelled it as: Volentarly

Edited by GOT GPS?
QUOTE(Team Red Oak @ Feb 23 2006, 01:44 PM) *

I admit I have a sweet spot for MadMarty...he was my first sock puppet...

So you're saying you and MadMarty are one in the same? unsure.gif

I apologize. tongue.gif bad_boy_animated.gif

Oh no what if I am MadMarty? Maybe that's what happens during my black outs. :laughing:

I accept your apology :lol:

I remember Kerry

He used to visit the GPS units and software forum alot, but never did any caching.

It seemed like he was somewhat helpfull there, but a little off track sometimes, and toward the end things got crazy.

I think he voluntarily Banned himself, by the looks of things.

EDIT: Misspelled it as: Volentarly

If I remember right, way back in the beginning, the website and the forums were not intergrated like they are now. Kerry cached under one name and posted under another. When the first forum upgrade happened (2002?) the forum name and caching name became the same. Since he was well known as Kerry in the forums, but known as another name in the cache logs, the easiest way to retain both names was to create a second account as "Kerry" to continue posting under that name.

Edited by Mopar

skydiver had some really great caches on this site, and then came up with great tools (SGPS, and New Cache Alerts), then his skydivergear. (which I think is still running)

Oddly enough, he was AngryKid BEFORE getting banned, not the other way around. Friends and family just thought he bore a strong resemblance to the claymation character.

All right, you finally talked me into it! I looked!

BobLog

post Jul 12 2002, 05:04 PM

I thought of a great idea for a cach an I was wondering what every one else thoght of it. When my grandfather died, we threw away all kinds of medicine, perfectly good stuff, probaly worth thousand of dollars. heart medicine like zanax, and all kinds of other stuff. Full bottles like new. What a waist! Poor people can use this without paying so much money to the pharmaceys. I was thinking of making a cache called Bobs Pharmacey and filling it with old (not really old) medicine. anti biotics heart pills what have you. People can bring medicine they dont need no more an take what the do need. This stuff is very expansive and its a shame to waist it when others can use it. I dont think it is against the law beacuse a doctor alreay proscribed it and its in the medicine bottle. This would be great for poor people an old people without money an anyone who has old medicine they dont need anymore or never used that the doctor proscribed or if they just need some medicine.

it would be great if you get cut on the way to find the cache or have a sore throat an there is a bottle of anti biotics there for you, no

That's a CLASSIC! :lol: Can we bronze it, or somethin'?

Are you kidding me??? This person could not be serious!!!! :laughing:

skydiver had some really great caches on this site, and then came up with great tools (SGPS, and New Cache Alerts), then his skydivergear. (which I think is still running)

Oddly enough, he was AngryKid BEFORE getting banned, not the other way around. Friends and family just thought he bore a strong resemblance to the claymation character.

Poor guy. His daughter has known about caching for years and all of a sudden decided she wanted to participate in the fourms by bumping one of her dads controversial threads. :anicute:

Tell him hi over in the Sandbox. They won't ban anyone over there. I know, I've tried. :wub:

El Diablo

Poor guy. His daughter has known about caching for years and all of a sudden decided she wanted to participate in the fourms by bumping one of her dads controversial threads. :smile:

Tell him hi over in the Sandbox. They won't ban anyone over there. I know, I've tried. :rolleyes:

El Diablo

??I think you got skydiver confused with someone else. I am willing to bet you accidentally quoted the wrong post...

Poor guy. His daughter has known about caching for years and all of a sudden decided she wanted to participate in the fourms by bumping one of her dads controversial threads. B)

Tell him hi over in the Sandbox. They won't ban anyone over there. I know, I've tried. B)

El Diablo

??I think you got skydiver confused with someone else. I am willing to bet you accidentally quoted the wrong post...

You're right! I meant to quote Gorak.

El Diablo

I kind of miss Ace, only because he wouln't look for lame caches. He would only look for caches that "rock". :wub:

I can't remember what the forum deal was with Ace but do believe it was more a side note that ultimately took over the topic that centered around the "Sin City Micro" logs which seems to be a list of Who's Who of Geocaching. Maybe someone else recalls. I any case Ace was entertaining.

Slightly OT but whatever happened to King Richard (sp?)... I seem to remember he was good forum fodder at one point.

King Riched - young kid with bad spelling habbits. I'm sure he was legit, just found something else to play with for a while.

Funniest poster ever. Oops, wrong topic. :(

After the great success of the Boblog troll (back in 02), I tried my hand at trolling a little as "Boblog2". It got out of hand and Jeremy wisely revealed that the IP address of this "Boblog2" was the same IP address as Majicman, and the cat was out of the proverbial bag.

I actually got banned (well, Boblog2 did) and was forumly humiliated for my activities (a troll can't stand the light, you see.) A smart troll would have used 2 different IP addresses, hopefully not in the same domain space.

Fortunately, I was allowed to continue my antics as my true moniker, Majicman, and my trolling days ended then.

Sock puppets... well... that's another story altogether!

After the great success of the Boblog troll (back in 02), I tried my hand at trolling a little as "Boblog2". It got out of hand and Jeremy wisely revealed that the IP address of this "Boblog2" was the same IP address as Majicman, and the cat was out of the proverbial bag.

I actually got banned (well, Boblog2 did) and was forumly humiliated for my activities (a troll can't stand the light, you see.)

Did you ever attempt or contemplate geocide?