How Do I Place Unactivated Coins In A Cache?

NotThePainter

I plan on using 4 of my puzzle coins as FTF prizes for the finder. But how can I show the icon in the cache listing? I'm new to coins but as far as I can tell I can't drop it in the cache without activating it, but prize coins should be unactivated!

I guess I can virtually drop my puzzle coin in the cache also, but that seems like a solution that only works if you own a 2nd coin of the one you are dropping.

(And yes, FTF is coveted here, but my puzzles are not the easiest..., it would be nice to have the coin icon to taunt the finders... Ooooo, did I say "taunt?")

Paul

I would just list it as a FTF prize in the logs and not worry about having it show up in the listing. If it is a puzzle cache, they will have to view the cache page anyway and will know it is there.

Note: GC has a policy against any 'virtual' logging of travellers, if it isn't actually in the cache it shouldn't show as being in the cache. You can drop and retrieve them (such as for tracking mileage) but it shouldn't show that specific coin in the cache if it isn't really there.

I buy 2 or more of each coin so I would, as you said, drop the set that I was keeping for myself into the cache and then in big and bold let everyone know that there was an unactivated set of the coin in the cache for the FTF.

BTW -- Were do you live?? Maybe I can come up and get a FTF and a cool coin prize! :laughing:

Actually no way I HATE HATE HATE puzzles!