Changing Mapsend Directroute Street Routes

Trying to figure out how to modify the default street route that Magellan Mapsend DirectRoute comes up with. Doesn't do too bad but in this particular case I have a long trip and State Park supplied directions. Is there a way to load in the preferred directions, modify the directions calculated by DirectRoute, or use waypoints to convert to a street route? I've seen where you can go backwards, i.e. street routes to waypoints.

I'm new to DirectRoute so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

JollyGreenGiant :cute:

Trying to figure out how to modify the default street route that Magellan Mapsend DirectRoute comes up with. Doesn't do too bad but in this particular case I have a long trip and State Park supplied directions. Is there a way to load in the preferred directions, modify the directions calculated by DirectRoute, or use waypoints to convert to a street route? I've seen where you can go backwards, i.e. street routes to waypoints.

JollyGreenGiant :cute:

Mapsend always picks what it believes to be the shortest route and only uses the first and last points in a street route when you try to use a street route to make a Directroute. What I have done in cases like your yours is to make a series of street routes and then switch between them as Directroutes along the way. Hope that made sense.

Anyways, I'm hoping that being able to put some intermediate waypoints in a Directroute will be something Magellan adds to the program.

JDandDD

JollyGreenGiant :D

Mapsend always picks what it believes to be the shortest route and only uses the first and last points in a street route when you try to use a street route to make a Directroute. What I have done in cases like your yours is to make a series of street routes and then switch between them as Directroutes along the way. Hope that made sense.

Anyways, I'm hoping that being able to put some intermediate waypoints in a Directroute will be something Magellan adds to the program.

JDandDD

Thanks! Sounds like yet another feature that Magellan will be coming out with. Yeah right!

:D