Wales Geocoin

Pengy&Tigger

We are proud to announce that the sale of the Wales geocoin will be happening in 2 days time. The sale will take place at The Geocoin Store.

This Wales coin has been designed by members of the UK coin club, including several members based in Wales.

The coin features the Welsh flag on the front, and ‘Y Ddraig Goch’ is Welsh for ‘The Red Dragon’. The back features a daffodil, leeks and the Fleur de Lys, which are all national emblems of Wales. The icon and proof photos are below:

icon32-2.gif

proof2.jpg

proof1.jpg

Tigger

I almost forgot ... I was watching Survivor I had recorded earlier and looked at the clock "doh!". I thought they had gone on sale at 9:00 and had missed it, but luckily I remembered wrong and I ordered just after 9:30.

Here it is 10:00, and there are still some left! I remember the good old days when coins when sell out in 30 seconds!

There's probably twice as many of these as there were of the GAS coins. You can't really compare the two. My guess is that there are a minimum of 600 and a maximum of 800 in the sale tonight. That's a lot of coins. No way to know for sure until someone tells us how many were minted and how many were presold to the UK folks first.

Edited by AtlantaGal

There's probably twice as many of these as there were of the GAS coins. You can't really compare the two. My guess is that there are a minimum of 600 and a maximum of 800 in the sale tonight. That's a lot of coins. No way to know for sure until someone tells us how many were minted and how many were presold to the UK folks first.

That makes sense, Duh :laughing: