Team Thorny Geocoin

Thorny1

Yime - the Angels loved your icon, I think it was the rose that swung them over :blink: Thank you to everyone who contributed by giving input and artwork - it is very much appreciated!

We still have a few black nickel and some shiny nickel (silver) coins available for sale.

Thank you for your patience and support!

T1

I just bought one of these coins, now me so Thorny... :P

thorny32.gif

Mr Yime, Sir, if I could get a 16x16 pic of the icon to go with the 32x32 already there it would be much appreciated. I can get that sent in to Groundspeak and off my to do list.

Thanks!

T1

It'll cost you... :P Check yer email...

Ouch! Dang, you drive a hard bargain! You can loosen the screws now :P

T1

We have recieved a shipping date of March 16 or 17 on our coins. The unfortunate thing here is that I am going to be out of town for work that weekend, so coins will probably start being shipped out on Monday March 20th.

There are still a few folks who have not paid thier invoices. I will be giving them to the end of the week and then cancelling thier orders and offering the coins to the waiting list for gold and copper.

We still have a few black nickel and some shiny nickel available. Email TeamThorny(at)gmail.com with your interest.

Thank you all again for your support and patience with this project!

T1, Fate, Thorny's Angels and Peanut

The coins are here!!!

My apologies for the quality of the pics - I took them outside in natural light yesterday and it was partly cloudy. Several folks saw them last night at Johnnie Lacy's Birthday event and really liked the way they turned out. The pics don't do them justice in my opinion (the camera operator's fault, not the coins) but here you go:

10f35f7c-5d9e-4445-9524-7cea376cc74e.jpg the fronts

36574b3d-2fee-47df-ac3a-cec31007b1b5.jpg the backs

I/we will be spending the weekend getting them all packed up and they will go in the mail on Monday. If you have not paid your invoice (there are 5 of you) you have until tomorrow morning when I start packing and I will be forced to cancel them.

There are still some black nickel and shiny nickel available - email me if you would like to order them, if any gold or copper come available there is a waiting list already for them.

There will be a few coins for trades, not many. Email me for trades starting Monday - I'm pretty much only interested in trackable coins I don't have right now. My trade list is in my signature below.

Thank you, again for your patience and support with this project!

T1

Edited by Thorny1
:mad: I agree that the pics look very good and I know the coins themselves will be even better. I will be proud to add them to my collection. I was getting a little nervous 'cause I thought I saw in the 'What was in your mailbox' thread that people have been receiving their coins for a week or more. Guess I either remembered wrong or these people are having pipe dreams. Thanks for the update, it's nice to feel like you are part of the loop. Way to go Thorny!

All the domestic packages were shipped USPS today - most folks should have gotten an email that they were on the way.

The rest will go out tomorrow - overseas shipping and trades set up previously.

Thank y'all once again for your patience and support, we hope you enjoy the coins as much as we do.

T1

Which coin has the grey look to it? I really like that coin.

That's the black nickel version - we did the background in grey to set off the designs. When I went to Johnnie Lacy's BD event last week and showed them off, that one and the copper got the most compliments.

T1

WOOOHOOOO got my Thorny coins today, TYVM. They are my first coins, what do i do with them, now that i have admired them? ;)

Why you send them back of course! The money you paid was an admiration fee - I look forward to receiving all my coins back in the next week or so after everyone has admired them :)

Thanks for looking at them!

T1

Edited by Thorny1

I'll be sending mine back by geo-pigeon -- activated and put in a cache. :)

Actually, that'd be a fun mission for one of the personal coins I ordered/have: activate it with a mission of finding the cacher who created it. It could be called: Where's My Mum/Da? After that it could be given a new mission.

Thanks for the idea!

WOOOHOOOO got my Thorny coins today, TYVM. They are my first coins, what do i do with them, now that i have admired them? ;)

Why you send them back of course! The money you paid was an admiration fee - I look forward to receiving all my coins back in the next week or so after everyone has admired them :)

T1

Edited by Ferreter5

I'll be sending mine back by geo-pigeon -- activated and put in a cache. :blink:

Actually, that'd be a fun mission for one of the personal coins I ordered/have: activate it with a mission of finding the cacher who created it. It could be called: Where's My Mum/Da? After that it could be given a new mission.

Thanks for the idea!

WOOOHOOOO got my Thorny coins today, TYVM. They are my first coins, what do i do with them, now that i have admired them? :anicute:

Why you send them back of course! The money you paid was an admiration fee - I look forward to receiving all my coins back in the next week or so after everyone has admired them :D

T1

That actually sounds like a cool mission - if you do it with one of these, let me know so I can put it on my watch list :D

T1

That actually sounds like a cool mission - if you do it with one of these, let me know so I can put it on my watch list :blink:

That would definitely be part of the equation so the coin's creator would know it's on it's way and could find it once it got into their home area. When I receive my Thorny coins I'll spend some time admiring them and then get to making a goal tag for one to send it on its way. Ooo, shiny! :D

I wonder what the response would be if lots of people activated their BikeDog coins and sent them traveling with the mission to find their way back to his family? :D

Got my two today, simply stunning. Cant say enough, Even the wife who just rolls her eyes thought they were outstanding. :rolleyes:

My thanks to Jamie/MadHattersNeverland who took our half-baked ideas and made something real special from them - he is a wizard and an artist with a lot of talent :blink: Thank you, Mr and Mrs Hailmars, for the compliment but the credit definately goes to him :ph34r:

T1 and Company

I received my coins today -- very spiffy!

I'm still in the "admiring" stage. After that's over I'll activate one and send it searching for its creator. I shall name it: V _ _ _ G E R

Thorny1, I'll letcha know when I do.

Star Trek Lives!!!

I love it! We'll look forward to watching it search us out :rolleyes:

Phasers on stun!

T1

Wow. I cannot believe how beautiful these coins are. I have the, I think, copper ones and I cannot tell you how amazed I am. Great job on the coins and artwork.

You did indeed receive the copper one - they are my personal favorite, too :rolleyes: They rock even if I do say so myself :blink:

Thanks for the kind words :ph34r:

T1

I received my coins today -- very spiffy!

I'm still in the "admiring" stage. After that's over I'll activate one and send it searching for its creator. I shall name it: V _ _ _ G E R

Thorny1, I'll letcha know when I do.

Star Trek Lives!!!

I love it! We'll look forward to watching it search us out :)

Phasers on stun!

T1

Go to full alert, Mr Thorny....... Set course for intercept......Load Photon torpedoes................... :unsure:B):DB)

Edited by Big JohnP

Well, you weren't at GW4 sooooooo................... any word on Peanut? :(

Of course I'm not Thorny1 but my wife, Kat6 and I had dinner with Fate ( MRS Thorny1) tonight. Thorny1 is out of town on business.

She and Peanut are doing fine. Peanut is due to arrrive July3rd.

Trust me everybody will here when Proud Papa Thorny has Peanut in his arms.

Tom