Congratulations To Me!

briansnat

Well after 4 attempts over three years and approximately 20 miles of walking, Skigirl and I finally completed Waterboy's outstanding NY/NJ Multi State Multi Cache.

First attempt (March of 03) was abandoned due to physical issues. Second (June 04) because I accidently had deleted the waypoint for the final. Third attempt (last Sat) abandoned due to darkness, then Sunday we hit paydirt!!!!!

I very highly recommend this cache.

Edited by briansnat

THis would make a great group hike. Depending on the approach, you can bag several other caches along the way. Approaching from the State Line Trail, Bearfort Waters, Covert002 and Surprise Lake would also be on the menu. Approaching from Warwick Tpk, Bearfort Ridge would also be along the way.

The hike from the State Line is around 6 miles. Coming from Warwick Tpk it is about 8 or 9 miles all told. Its a pretty tough climb from both spots, but once you're on the ridge its pretty smooth sailing. The view from Covert 002 is one of the finest in the state.

Here is a shot of the view thanks to Haggaeus:

97cf4baf-3942-4f05-bd3a-64ee909bd742.jpg