Direct Route Software Secrets For Sale On Ebay ?

ttwo1969

I reckon he's just copied and pasted all the info off the yahoo sites, and made a PowerPoint presentation, because people like bell, whistles and pretty blinking lights!! :rolleyes:

You want to make large maps on your SD card????

...... just edit the Mapsend.ini file in the installation directory.

Look under the the [DEVICE_DEFAULTS] section.

Find the line that begins with Conv_Memory_Size=......... (with the 16384..... or whatever value is there)

Change the number to anything you like, but be warned that, a number too large can slow down or crash the GPSr!!

A good practical limit, is 64Megabytes or the number 65536 :(

This gives you the ability to load region files of 64Meg, which add up to 256 Meg for each imag(.img) file.

You can then load 9 image files onto a 2 gig SD card, and you're right to go!!! :blink:

There!!!........... just saved you $6!! :laughing:

bells, whistles and pretty blinking lights for sale!!! $5.00 with free shipping!!! =)

oh-oh! did you see his other items?

Magellan Maps

As I understand it right, you mail him your serial number and he is sending you back your maps ready for SD-card: As I understand the contract agreement which comes with direct route, you are licensed to create maps just for one GPS-receiver.

So this guy offering illegal stuff on ebay.

I reckon he's just copied and pasted all the info off the yahoo sites, and made a PowerPoint presentation, because people like bell, whistles and pretty blinking lights!! :D

You want to make large maps on your SD card????

...... just edit the Mapsend.ini file in the installation directory.

Look under the the [DEVICE_DEFAULTS] section.

Find the line that begins with Conv_Memory_Size=......... (with the 16384..... or whatever value is there)

Change the number to anything you like, but be warned that, a number too large can slow down or crash the GPSr!!

A good practical limit, is 64Megabytes or the number 65536 :huh:

This gives you the ability to load region files of 64Meg, which add up to 256 Meg for each imag(.img) file.

You can then load 9 image files onto a 2 gig SD card, and you're right to go!!! :huh:

There!!!........... just saved you $6!! :P

Great tip. Thanks! I want all of TX in one map on my 2 GIG SD card and now I can have it. Thanks for posting.

It's nice being new. You know, being new, sometimes you just try things :) I'm new to GPS and I just got an eXplorist 500. I made a map with all of AZ, Las Vegas and southern cal. I think it's about 42meg. Uploaded it just fine. I can go street to street from AZ to Disneyland caching all the way, with a little adult R&R in Sin City :D

I believe this information is on the Internet for FREE already. I know I have it in my Favorites on my other computer and have used it already on my Platinum with it's 1Gb card.

After reading about this sale item on EBAY, it is different than I thought. MAPSEND does limit the size of the MAP file that you can send to the GPS. Not sure what this guy is doing different, but I can stick 3 states into one file at a time. I do have to change maps when I change some states though, but it is easy to do.

Edited by Big Sky Explorers

I finally found what I was looking for. This information was taken from this website: http://www.mtgc.org/robertlipe/MeridianFAQ/

It has some interesting informtaio on LARGE file sizes for the software.

"Troubleshooting – Map Size Limits

Thanks to "jvavrus2000"

With the 3.08 version of the Meridian firmware, size restrictions on the size of map files have been removed. However, the existing MapSend software does not know this, and will try to restrict the size of maps unless told otherwise.

First, using Windows Explorer, navigate to the MapSend installation directory. This should be under C:\Program Files\Magellan. Open the MAPSEND.INI file using your favorite text editor. Inside this file, there is a parameter called "Conv_Memory_Size" which is the maximum region size in bytes. Multiply this number by four, and you should be able to have much larger regions. If this line does not exist, then add the following line (case sensitive) under the [Device Defaults] section:

Conv_Memory_Size=65536

Note that the larger the region is, the longer your computer will take to process this region. Processing a 64MB region is likely to take a very long time. You are much better off making smaller maps, and loading multiple map files on your SD card, as described in question 13.

Large maps do have some side effect. The larger the map, the more likely the map is to suffer from corruption. Maps larger than 30MB are prone to corruption and very large maps can result in slow screen updates (Topo seems to be more sensitive to this than S&D). To minimize the chance of corruption during map generation, run the Mapsend software to create the maps and do not run any other programs, surf the net, check your email – nothing, nada, nil. Don’t even think about touching your computer."