Newbie To Geocaching

Nikon-Guy

Hey folks.

I'm expecting to receive my GPS in the next week or so. Won it off Ebay. :laughing:

I was wondering if there was anyone willing to go out with me to help me get familiar with Geocaching. This will happen in the next couple of weeks and it'll be my first Geocache.

I live in the Carling and Churchill area of Ottawa, but can travel a little bit.

Please e-mail me or leave a message here.

Thanks,

Zeph

I'm too far away from you to offer any help. Which GPS are you getting?

C-A

Just got it on Tuesday... It's a Garmin Etrex Vista C.

Been out a couple of times... first for a microcache (Nasty Clare)... bad mistake, since it was snowing and at 11:30pm. :laughing:

Second, I tried going out with a buddy of mine... Beechwood Cemetery, other than it was kinda creepy, my GPS wasn't locking into a few of the SATs so, I was almost 120m off and plus it was a puzzle/multicache. Need clues and the clues were encrusted in ice. :rolleyes:

Any chance for a tag-along? I am new at this too and wouldn't mind an experienced cacher giving a hands-on lesson to get me started.

I'm in the Nortel/Shirley's Bay area.

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind going out with a small group... E-mail me... we can both look dumbfounded in the middle of the city... :laughing: