Heading Towards 500

FluteFace

Sassy (of Gordy&Sassy fame) and I are rapidly approaching #500, :laughing: and have decided that we want to do a special cache together somewhere in Washington, probably the west side. We've set a date, but have not yet decided on a cache.

So, we're appealing to the local caching community in Washington State -- what caches out there do you think would be suitable for #500? At this point, the only caches we won't be doing (because one or the other of us has done them) are Mission 9: Tunnel of Light and Light House Point.

So, what are your suggestions? Thanks for the help.

I agree with Hydnsek that Ebby bluffs is a classis.

We have made many EraSeek caches our favorites or milestones.

BUT!!!! I must say by far.... the most exciting one I encountered was EraSeeks's THE PATH OF THE WATCHERS. What fun that was. And we had the privliage of being in the presence of the cache owner himself on that beautiful sunny summer evening.

Note also, that it is VERY close to Ebby Bluffs.

I think you would truly enjoy this. Plus, there are SO many wonderful caches on Whidbey Island to fill your day.

Ms. WD

I replied in the WSGA forum thread with two of those that have been suggested here. Those being Path of the Watchers and Ebey Bluffs. Either one would make a great milestone cache, but I would make a day of it and do both along with several others on the island. You almost can't go wrong on Whidbey.

Yes, Whidbey is a wonderful place to Geocache. We trailered our 250 Big Ruckus Scooter to Deception Pass State Park the day after laborday. Very few campers around. We unloaded the scooter and my wife and I rode it around looking for caches. I am 80 and my wife is 79. After three days at Deception Pass we Geocached our way down to South Whidbey State Park and did the same thing. I did not look for Ebey Bluffs as I wanted to save it for a milestone cache. By all means consider Ebey Bluffs as a worthy milestone.

Dick, W7WT

I replied in the WSGA forum thread with two of those that have been suggested here. Those being Path of the Watchers and Ebey Bluffs. Either one would make a great milestone cache, but I would make a day of it and do both along with several others on the island. You almost can't go wrong on Whidbey.

Yes, Whidbey is a wonderful place to Geocache. We trailered our 250 Big Ruckus Scooter to Deception Pass State Park the day after laborday. Very few campers around. We unloaded the scooter and my wife and I rode it around looking for caches. I am 80 and my wife is 79. After three days at Deception Pass we Geocached our way down to South Whidbey State Park and did the same thing. I did not look for Ebey Bluffs as I wanted to save it for a milestone cache. By all means consider Ebey Bluffs as a worthy milestone.

Dick, W7WT

Ajetpilot and I used Half Moon Cache near LeBam for our 700th cache. I liked it so well that my profile picture and my avatar picture shows me at that cache. Dick, W7WT

I agree with Hydnsek that Ebby bluffs is a classis.

We have made many EraSeek caches our favorites or milestones.

BUT!!!! I must say by far.... the most exciting one I encountered was EraSeeks's THE PATH OF THE WATCHERS. What fun that was. And we had the privliage of being in the presence of the cache owner himself on that beautiful sunny summer evening.

Note also, that it is VERY close to Ebby Bluffs.

I think you would truly enjoy this. Plus, there are SO many wonderful caches on Whidbey Island to fill your day.

Ms. WD

Yes, a day on Whidbey would be a wonderful way to celebrate your milestone. Path of the Watchers is indeed great fun, and also wonderful views. And may I modestly also suggest.....Perego's Lagoon. Note a photo of you doing the hula is required, tho. :D

Thank you all for your suggestions!!

We're planning on keeping to WA state so we wont be going to the original cache, at least not yet. My family is planning on driving to Disneyland for spring break and plan to log it on the way down.

Also, I LOVE a good EraSeek cache and have already done the Path of the Watchers for a milestone (how I missed Ebey Bluffs on our wild Whidbey caching day I don't know!) and know that as WD says, we can't go wrong on Whidbey Island.

BUT, that Half Moon Cache caused me some truoble last night. It had me so intrigued that I wanted to read all the logs and the family balked at that because they think I ought to feed them EVERY night. (sheesh)

All very good suggestions, please keep them coming.

The #500 run is planned for 3/4/06 - can you be ready by then, SilentNW??? The more the merrier I like to say.

We're planning on keeping to WA state so we wont be going to the original cache, at least not yet. My family is planning on driving to Disneyland for spring break and plan to log it on the way down.

The Original Cache stash is a fun one, be sure and do the 'Unoriginal Stash' that is nearby. ('Nearby' meaning "much less than the usual seperation guidelines. *Much*.")

The Original Cache stash is a fun one, be sure and do the 'Unoriginal Stash' that is nearby. ('Nearby' meaning "much less than the usual seperation guidelines. *Much*.")

It's on the list!

Thanks Elde!

I did the Half Moon cache for my 500th along with cache ahead and I enjoyed it, but wish I'd done a mountain hike to cache with views. It's a worthy cache, but the WOW factor just wasn't there for me. I did this one to finish up the WA DeLorme Challenge and would highly recommend this one. What's the Point #3

You get the thrill of crossing the border twice in both directions and can grab some BC caches along the way. The views are awesome and if you catch it on a nice day then WOW!.....It cleared off when we were there and the beach and views and solitude were memorable. Two thumbs up!......:cute:

Room with a View (GC74C3) is a very fun, memorable cache and would make a great milestone. It is south of Longbeach on the coast, near Fort Canby State Park. The walk to the cache, the structure (room) at the cache and the views are breathtaking! There is also a lighthouse nearby that you can go in and walk to the top for a small fee.

Mountain Marsh is a good one for #500 - the oldest in the state - but I'm not sure about the roads at your selected time.

If you want to copy me completly, then do Mingo - the oldest in existance - for #1000.

Last year the road to Mountain Marsh did not open until sometime in May and remember last year there was very little snow, who knows when it will open this year.

If I recall, the problem wasn't snow.... it was a mountain that could explode at any minute.

That being said, I still doubt one could get to Mountain Marsh this time of year.

Okay, here is the list of possibilities, generated here and on the WSGA forums. It is my thought that we'll be doing Ebey Bluffs. We'll let you know what happens! Thanks for the help.

Ebey Bluffs -- 5

Half Moon Cache -- 3

Path of the Watchers -- 2

ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE -- 1

Perego's Lagoon -- 1

Unoriginal Stash -- 1

Hollow Tree -- 1

Cherry Lake Falls -- 1

Upper Cherry Creek Falls -- 1

Mountain Marsh -- 1

What's the Point #3 -- 1

Room with a View -- 1

The Hardest Cache You'll Ever do -- 1

Nellie Does Green Lake -- 1

Pet Stotina - AKA 500 -- 1

Okay, here is the list of possibilities, generated here and on the WSGA forums. It is my thought that we'll be doing Ebey Bluffs. We'll let you know what happens! Thanks for the help.

There is a cache in your neck of the woods that would be worthy for a milestone.

Edit Opps I saw Marysville but the mind registered Mt. Vernon for some reason.

Edited by MarcusArelius

Ebey Bluffs -- 5

Half Moon Cache -- 3

Path of the Watchers -- 2

ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE -- 1

Perego's Lagoon -- 1

Unoriginal Stash -- 1

Hollow Tree -- 1

Cherry Lake Falls -- 1

Upper Cherry Creek Falls -- 1

Mountain Marsh -- 1

What's the Point #3 -- 1

Room with a View -- 1