Altosaxplayer's Personal Geocoin

altosaxplayer

Well, I have been thinking about getting my own personal coin made. It will be trackable on GC.com. I just finished the artwork for myself, I havent started anything with the coin store. I just want your opinion on the design, icon, etc. Make any suggestions you would like. The picture should be big enough.

See the coin pic here

Edited by altosaxplayer

Since you asked. IMHO not criticizing

1) I would delete the word "PERSONAL" it seems redundant to me. Altosaxplayer’s Geocoin would be enough.

2) I would think about moving the blank used for the tracking # down to the bottom center over the Tracking phrase. This would also free up more space for notes from the sax or someone playing the sax

I agree with most of what's been said. Too much white space. I really like the gc/note idea and might use it myself, but I'll wait until you've finished yours so I don't do the same thing. I think that your nick could go on the front without the rest of it, as could the rest of what's on the back. Does gc.com allow us to use the back of their coins on our coins? If so, that might be a $$ saving idea -- our local club lets us do that if we desire -- no charge. If not, then now you've got the back of the coin to fill -- maybe you could commemorate a milestone or favorite cache, or a beautiful area where you live. The icon seems too generic. Can't wait to see the finished product.

QUOTE(altosaxplayer @ Feb 20 2006, 03:27 PM)

Well, took some ideas and redid the coin. It will probably made in a unique shape. Click the link on the first post to see the new idea.

All right, much nicer, do I get a freebie for suggesting the shape change

Put me down for one either way

Haha. I'll see what I can do. You'll have to wait a while though. No suprise in your mailbox for a while from me! :laughing:

Just wanted to restate the purpose of this forum: The production of this coin is WAY down the road. Just hoping to nail down a cool design that everyone likes and would like to see and buy. If you have any suggestions, please make them. I am open to suggestions and submissions of ANY kind. Thanks! :cute:

Edited by altosaxplayer