Hello

Hello everyone

A few tips.

Being new to this geocache thingy I bought a GPS and as usual with technology I switched it on and went for it. The attempt at a Woodhouse Wander, with the start point being only 100 yards from my house was going to be a cinch, after all I had found 2 just by map reading.

The resulting track created by the GPS resembled a can of spaghetti. With a promised time for completion of 1 hour which I used for just the first clue was embarrasing. There was just about an hours worth of light left when getting home from work to try and complete the Wander with my new toy.

I just hope everyone parked at the traffic lights didn't understand what we were trying to acheive, wandering backwards and forwards staring at a little yellow thingy in my hand.

Lesson 1, never assume you can operate modern technology no matter what experience you have.

Lesson 2, never assume you know the area, even if you have lived there 11 years.

Lesson 3, alway put a destination way point into the GPS, it helps to know where you are going.

Kewfriend, It's doing a puzzel cache that finally got us hooked. We noticed more about our area on that one (now 2 attempts) that we realise we have been asleep for years.

Alma,

You are not wrong about the fun of it. I now have orders to get my laptop and memory map software set up to talk to the GPS instead of the desk-top ready for our trip to Northumberland.

Anyone know of good puzzle caches around the cities/towns up there, it is a brilliant way to explore.

Dave