Gps Screen Protectors

subsystem

I have seen ads for GPS screen protectors on geocaching.com and i would like to add an alternative. I have a Pocket PC and when I got my GPS i decided to cut one of the screen protectors for my Pocket PC down to fit my GPS screen, I clip the sides and top down leaving the bottom edge of the screen protectors backing to hold on too, then I took a stiff peice of paperboard or one of those fake credit cards that you get in the mail and cut it down to the size of my GPS screen, Slowly roll the screen protector off the backing, making sure not to touch the exposed sticky side, stick the edge to the bottom of the screen and take the edge of the card, place it on the bottom off the screen protector that is stuck and slowly push the card up, transfering the screen protector from the backing onto the screen, if done right. there will be no bubbles. if there is use the card to push the bubbles to the edges and tuck the edges down. you can take the screen off and replace it when it gets dirty or scratched and put a new one on. most packs of screen protectors come with 12. get the bigger size screen protectors for the older palms work the best. I have tried the mate finished ones to reduce glare, but they seem to make it harder to see. i prefer the regular clear ones. There are instructions on how to put the screen protectors on a Pocket PC or Palm, you can fallow them, it is the same thing. maybe easier to understand than my crude instructions.. :lol: hope this saves you some time and money.

That shield looks like a great idea! However, today I UPS just delievered my new case for my GPSMAP60C. It is basically just to protect the screen. The problem is that it doesn't give access to the connections on the back so I will either cut a hole in the back or try removing it when I want to access the connections. It does add some protections to the sides of the unit though.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/detail.asp?product_id=BE130

I've been using the InvisibleSHIELD screen protector for my Garmin 60CS for the past few months. Previously I was using the screen protectors from Strong Engineering. I find that the InvisibleSHIELD is much clearer and stronger than those from Strong Engineering. With the Strong Engineering protectors, after a few months of use, I can see scratches on the protector and end up changing it every now and then. With the InvisibleSHIELD, I have yet to see a scratch on the protector plus the protector seems clearer.

Applying the InvisibleSHIELD wasn't anymore difficult than applying the protector from Strong Engineering. I did do mine twice, as I didn't like how I had it positioned the first time, plus I got a piece of dog hair trapped under it, and it was quite easy to redo.

Did you buy the shield that is for the 60 C series and it fit OK--??

I just talked to the folks about a shield for my 76 CSX and they say they don't have one and the 76C series one won't fit--

Yes, I bought the one for the 60 series hoping that this would fit. Specifically, I bought this one --

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/GARGPS60.html

Now you got me worried :(

Does anyone here know for sure if there are any differences in the screen dimensions between the GPSMap 60/60C and 60CSx ?

InvisibleSHIELD has gotten rave reviews in this forum.

AFAIK, the case and screen dimensions of the x series are identical to those of the standard series. The folks at InvisibleSHIELD may not be aware of this.

Display: 1.5” W x 2.2” H, 2.6”-diagonal

1.5" W x 2.2" H; 2.6" diagonally
Edited by Sputnik 57

Now, I've bought two brands of self adhesive screen protector for my Meridian at great expense, applied them with scrupulous care and I have ended up ripping them both off and throwing them away because the screen visibility is so degraded. :cute: Before I blow even more cash on these invisibleshield things can someone out there tell me that they can still read their screen properly?

The 60C invisibleSHIELD fit perfectly on my 60Cx.

Thanks ! That's encouraging :)

Mine has already shipped. I will try it on as soon as I get it and will post the results here.

Got my InvisibleSHIELD two days ago and installed it the same evening. The installation was pretty easy, just had to use a little more soapy solution than the instructions recommended (someone mentioned above that instead of spraying the solution on it just dip the whole thing into the solution ... he was right on).

Anyway, after I let the unit sit for 24 hrs, I am VERY impressed with the final results. This thing is amazingly clear and the 60 series protectors fit nicely on the 60CSx screen. The protector is a *little* smaller than the entire screen, so it doesn't cover it from end to end, but it does cover the entire "active" (visible) area of the screen and then some. This may be by design.

Bottomline ... I am extremely impressed with the results and will wholeheartedly recommend the InvisibleSHIELD to anyone ! I am now thinking of getting a few more of these for my PDA and watches.

I've had an InvisibleShield on my MAP60C for the past nine months. I've dropped it in puddles, on the forest floor, on the car floor, and on pavement. It seems as if the only thing that can leave a permanent mark on it is stone, concrete, or steel. The few marks from these events are miniscule, so I haven't bothered to change it, even though I have a spare that they sent me for free. As others have said. the shield is very clear and doesn't degrade the view of the screen in any significant way.

I too use the invisibleshield. The sheet is however, not big enough to cover the entire screen. It stops just short of the bend on the edge of the display. I wrote to the company about it and they told me that they will send me a replacement if I would send them the exact mesurements.

One of these days I'll have to trace the screen in its entirety and send it to them.

For those of you who have it installed for a while, have you seen any scratches in the areas not covered by the I.S.? or is it enough coverage that things usually misses the exposed screen areas?

I bought an InvisibleSHIELD and shortly thereafter I got a HUGE and DEEP scratch in it. The screen of my GPS, however, was FINE. I posted in a thread here about the experience and was contacted by the InvisibleSHIELD folks. The asked to use parts of the post on their testimonials page and I agreed. I don't know if it is still there or not.

I don't have any affiliation with the company but I can tell you that my brand new GPSMAP 76CS (not cheap by any means) would have been ruined by the type of gouge I put into the thing. The InvisibleSHIELD saved the unit. I have no doubt about it at all. Of course the shield was replaced free by the company as per their advertisement. I can't say enough good things about this product.

A protector that has worked great for me is one that I found on the GPS Yahoo! site. Buy $1.00 worth of clear vinyl from the fabric department at Walmart. This is enough for about 50 screen protectors. Cut it to shape. Wash it thoroughly with detergent and water and apply it wet. Use your fingers to rub out the water and air bubbles. When it drys static electricity will hold it on the display tenaciously.

I bought an InvisibleSHIELD and shortly thereafter I got a HUGE and DEEP scratch in it. The screen of my GPS, however, was FINE. I posted in a thread here about the experience and was contacted by the InvisibleSHIELD folks. The asked to use parts of the post on their testimonials page and I agreed. I don't know if it is still there or not.

I don't have any affiliation with the company but I can tell you that my brand new GPSMAP 76CS (not cheap by any means) would have been ruined by the type of gouge I put into the thing. The InvisibleSHIELD saved the unit. I have no doubt about it at all. Of course the shield was replaced free by the company as per their advertisement. I can't say enough good things about this product.

Yep You're still famous on that site!!!

I may just pop for one for my new lowrance ifinder h20c

Yep You're still famous on that site!!!

I may just pop for one for my new lowrance ifinder h20c

I just received and installed my instasheild for my Garmin 60C today. It took about 30 seconds to install and look great. I can't even tell it's on there! I just made sure I submerged the whole shield into the bowl of soapy water and my fingertips were plenty wet from the soapy solution. It was as simple as that and it fits perfectly! If you don't have one, you should get one to protect your unit when your bushwacking! :smile:

Did you buy the shield that is for the 60 C series and it fit OK--??

I just talked to the folks about a shield for my 76 CSX and they say they don't have one and the 76C series one won't fit--

Yes, I bought the one for the 60 series hoping that this would fit. Specifically, I bought this one --

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/GARGPS60.html

Now you got me worried :smile:

Does anyone here know for sure if there are any differences in the screen dimensions between the GPSMap 60/60C and 60CSx ?

I have both a GPSMap 60CS and 60CSx and they are the same size. Just put a InvisiShield on the CSx and it's great!