Emails

wewalkthewoods

I'm a reasonably new member. I have upgraded to premium and enabled new cache notifications. I had a new one come up this am that I saw in the lists but not as an email or instant notification. I could have been FTF but had no idea it was there. I don't think my filter is set too high, I've rcv'd email form GC before. What am I missing? <_<

You're not missing anything.

Instant Notification is still in its infancy from what I can tell. Even the notification page says that it's a beta. For the most part, I get mine immediately, though there are times were I didn't get a notification until a couple days after it was published. Just let it ride, they'll come in. Welcome to the addiction.

Instant notification hiccups from time to time. In my area there was much gnashing of teeth when it went about 4 days without sending any - then a bunch of "not so instant" with the FTFs mostly gone to folks who just check for nearest on a regular basis (the 'old fashion way'). Mostly it works real well; I'm sure the debugging continues.