New "cache Huntin' Season" Coin

BackBrakeBilly

Since Spring is almost here and folks are getting out more, here's a new coin we are working on and want to get it out there for folks to see.

cachehuntinseasoncoinfront4dd.jpg

cachehuntinseasoncoinback9qk.jpg

Some of the details...............

Coins will be 1.25 inch.

Trackable at GC.com with a custom icon.

At least 400 Polished Silver coins for the regular issue and 100 Polished Gold coins as a Limited edition.

The Coins will be $5.50 for the silver and $6 for the gold plus shipping.

This is NOT a preorder thread but that will be coming real soon!

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.

my question is how many coins are you going to make??? LOL I enjoy your designs, but really how do you afford it? Is this becoming a business for you?

Nope, no business in coins other than having fun for us. As for how many coins we are doing or have done, As of now I have only done two that have been delivered, My personal BBB coin and the Tennessee Microcoin and the Phone-A-Friend coin is the 3rd and it is suppose to ship in the next few days so 3 in 4 months. I know of more than a few folks on these forums that have done quite a few more than I have in the last 4 months. <_<

Thanks.

So the puzzle coin (4 coin set) and the 50 state micro coins don't count all of a sudden? lol!

The Puzzle coins are still being worked on (Sample coins being minted now), Not payed for or delivered and as you well know the 50 states micro was just a idea that got pretty much shot down. so yes they don't count.

If you want to keep up this useless banter AG, feel free but I am through trying to defend me having fun.

Now back to the coins, the dieart is being done as we speak and there will be a couple of minor changes. As soon as it is ready I will post it here.

Thanks.

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

:) Very nice coin. This is relavant to geocaching for me because my dog has been trained to sniff out tupperware hiding in the woods. When we get close, we just turn him loose and he usaually digs it up. <_<

Hey, that one of the things that gave me this idea. A friend of ours actually has a poodle that can find a ammo can in the woods and yes, I have seen this first hand and wouldn't believe it unless I did! :P

Thanks!

P.S. I thought the bloodhound looked better on the coin than the poodle did. (No offence meant to those great poodles out there) <_<

So the puzzle coin (4 coin set) and the 50 state micro coins don't count all of a sudden? lol!

The Puzzle coins are still being worked on (Sample coins being minted now), Not payed for or delivered and as you well know the 50 states micro was just a idea that got pretty much shot down. so yes they don't count.

If you want to keep up this useless banter AG, feel free but I am through trying to defend me having fun.

Now back to the coins, the dieart is being done as we speak and there will be a couple of minor changes. As soon as it is ready I will post it here.

Thanks.

Just do what you want, the market'll let you know if it's interested ( hopefully people'll be interested in the geo-rattle for my granddaughter, lil seeker, next month or so )

I'll probably order two, one of each, when all the details come out.

Edited by nicolo

With the amount of coins coming out now maybe you could do something that's not so close to something that already exists?

The design looks ALOT like the second in the Canine Cachers series (below).

Not saying you knew about these, but can I suggest you go another route?

bc70e8de-aa86-41f5-96f8-089328d3df97.jpg

4c_1.JPG

So if GCC is making a cache hunters coin and Kealia is doing the Canine Cachers coin, do we need another one that is almost the same or same idea? I don't care either way really if it's made or not, just my 2 cents here.

Speaking of the Canine Series, when is the next one coming out?

Edited by Ladycacher

With the amount of coins coming out now maybe you could do something that's not so close to something that already exists?

Wow! That's two different coins that this one apparently resembles. Have we finally reached the point of impossible-to-make-something-unique ?

You are right, I haven't seen those and Yes you can suggest which you did.

Thanks.

P.S. Those are both beautiful coins! :lol:

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

I don't mind all the coins I just think you ought to give back to those that have ordered off of you too! :o yeah billy I noticed that you didn't order any of our Indiana micro coins! :lol: just joshing ya man!(no offense meant to anyone named josh!)

Sorry buddy, The Indiana Micro is a great looking coin but I am just not a basketball fan.

Thanks.

(No offense meant to any basketball fans out there) :o

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

Is it me, or does the new are look a lot smaller? Maybe it's just reminissing old dead shows has caused me to flashback...

--Marky

Definitely flashing back, if I typo "one" as "are". Sure, they are both three letter words, but the keys are no where near each other on the keyboard. I think I need a beer...

Is it me, or does the new are look a lot smaller? Maybe it's just reminissing old dead shows has caused me to flashback...

--Marky

Definitely flashing back, if I typo "one" as "are". Sure, they are both three letter words, but the keys are no where near each other on the keyboard. I think I need a beer...

What's even funnier is when MY brain actually interpreted "one" for "are".... hmmm, now who's having flashbacks? :lol:

This would definately be on my top ten list list of worst coins ever biggrin.gif by the way I'm not joking

Why do you feel the need to say such a thing?

Are we supposed to care that y'all don't like something?

Don't like it? Don't buy it!

The man is free to make any coin he likes!

There are ways to disagree without being disagreeable, and the old adage that "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it" is always good advice!

Ed

This would definately be on my top ten list list of worst coins ever biggrin.gif by the way I'm not joking
There are ways to disagree without being disagreeable, and the old adage that "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it" is always good advice!

Ed

I've always thought that being blunt is the way to go. If only good things are said then people will think that there's nothing bad, when that's not always the case. Sometimes the truth hurts.

LOL - "It's all about the numbers" - cool idea! I think I'll have that added to my commemorative geocoin for the GeoWoodStock4 event, where it really IS all about the numbers! I will be on a team trying for a new 24-hour world record (actually 268 would win that, we're trying for 333) and we'll then try for 1000 the week before the event!

If anyone is worried about it being 'only' about the numbers, do as I have and quit logging them online!

Ed

Ed

I've always thought that being blunt is the way to go. If only good things are said then people will think that there's nothing bad, when that's not always the case. Sometimes the truth hurts.

There's being truthful, then there's being rude.

How about "This coin's not for me" or even "I'm just not into it" to be a little more trendy.