Garmin Ique3600

chuck20

I have a gamin iQue3600 PDA/GPS that I use for geochaching. Was wondering if any knew how I could download waypoints to it. I have tried useing GSAK but it locks up on me. Any suggestions? Thanks

You need this...

Cachemate

Make sure to install the "iQue mapping" plugin as well (it's included in the Zip) and you have a complete caching system, in one device.

-Wlw

I have a gamin iQue3600 PDA/GPS that I use for geochaching. Was wondering if any knew how I could download waypoints to it. I have tried useing GSAK but it locks up on me. Any suggestions? Thanks

You need this...

Cachemate

Make sure to install the "iQue mapping" plugin as well (it's included in the Zip) and you have a complete caching system, in one device.

-Wlw

Is that Cache Nav you are referring to? I normally use a PPC with beeline but bought a I Que 3600 for my significant other and have been playing with it for geocaching. Went out today and was able to use cache nav to find cache once close but it was worthless for getting to the site ie navigating on roads. I could manually set up a waypoint and drive to that but it seems like extra work. Anyway to get door to door directions to the cache including while in car and on foot short of manual setting up waypoints? Edited to add I can use for driving when not caching so I have street maps on device. Just wondering if Cache Nav or cachemate has a way of accessing driving maps I guess.

Edited by kklems
Just wondering if Cache Nav or cachemate has a way of accessing driving maps I guess.

That's the reason why I mentioned the plugin.

On an iQue, this enables Cachemate to export all, some, or any of the caches in its database, to the iQue waypoint list.

These then appear on the mapping (as a "geocache" symbol, even) and can be routed to using the Que software's own facilities and settings. (It will normally route to the nearest point on the road - this may or may not be a suitable parking place.)

-Wlw

Just wondering if Cache Nav or cachemate has a way of accessing driving maps I guess.

That's the reason why I mentioned the plugin.

On an iQue, this enables Cachemate to export all, some, or any of the caches in its database, to the iQue waypoint list.

These then appear on the mapping (as a "geocache" symbol, even) and can be routed to using the Que software's own facilities and settings. (It will normally route to the nearest point on the road - this may or may not be a suitable parking place.)

-Wlw

Guess I'll go back and see if I missed the plug in than. Thanks for the info.