Trying To Place A Travel Bug

BEZRF clan

When you found the TB, you "grabbed" it by logging the tag number. So its now in your inventory.

When you log a find (or a note) there is a drop down box below the box where you text goes. Click on it, highlight the TB and submit the log.

If you've already logged a find for the cache you placed it in, its too late to do this, so you will have to log a note. Just say something like 'travel bug drop'. See below:

c1e9a2cf-4fd3-4c65-b6c6-a2efb15774e5.jpg

Just to expand on briansnat's answer...I see you've already logged the cache, so go back to the "Treasure, Trees and the Tide " cache page and click on the "Log your visit" link in the upper right corner of the page, just like when you logged the find. Then choose "Write note" instead of "Found it!" from the drop down list, and highlight Cheeks from your inventory, as shown above.

Brian-- ;) 3 Netscape windows and 7 Firefox windows????? Time for a dandelion break, man.

I hope that there isn't any protocol regarding how long the travel bug can be held in inventory. We've had ours for a couple of weeks. We want to keep it until later this month when we're going out of town. That way, the bug can move farther away rather than just bouncing around the local parks.

I hope that there isn't any protocol regarding how long the travel bug can be held in inventory. We've had ours for a couple of weeks. We want to keep it until later this month when we're going out of town. That way, the bug can move farther away rather than just bouncing around the local parks.

I'm completely new at this so I could be completely wrong, so take this with a grain of salt. From what I've been reading, if you're going to hold onto a bug for more than 2 weeks you should pop off an email to the owner saying that you have it and not to worry it's in good hands and that you're going to take it onto a grand journey soon.