Etrex?

DHDaniel

I have 60 cs that is new and I have really enjoyed using it and learning it with the City Navigator, But I got a Safety award at work, had a choice of the Etrex or a gay looking Cuisinart Coffee maker,

Etrex should be in soon

any advice?

work ok for some basic Geocache?

I'll still use the 60 cs

Thanks

Dave

I have 60 cs that is new and I have really enjoyed using it and learning it with the City Navigator, But I got a Safety award at work, had a choice of the Etrex or a gay looking Cuisinart Coffee maker,

Etrex should be in soon

any advice?

I'll still use the 60 cs

Thanks

Dave

Etrex would be fine for basic anything! It'll get you anywhere the others will, and just as accurately.

Etrex should be in soon

any advice?

I'll still use the 60 cs

Thanks

Dave

It's a great starter GPSr.....if you have kids or nephews/nieces...Boy/Girl Scouts in the family it's a great great tool to teach them about the Billion Dollar SV above and how they can Navigate us to our destination. It's a GREAT entry level GPSr! Get the cable for downloading waypoints and your all set! :laughing:

Etrex should be in soon

any advice?

I'll still use the 60 cs

Thanks

Dave

I love using my son's Etrex. I tend to be techno challenged if there are too many features. The Etrex gets me there just fine. Jan

I assisted a girlfriend when she bought a Garmin eTrex Vista C from http://www.gpsdiscount.com. She received the unit some days ago. For the first time I had the opportunity to use a Vista C.

I was impressed. I have had a 60CS for almost two years. The Vista C has less weight than the 60CS, it's smaller but has the same functionality, except connectors for external antenna and power.

I recommend the Vista C. In my opinion a color display is necessary, b/w screen is unpractical.

Rumours say Garmin soon (may/june 2006) may produce new Vista/Legend Cx models with SiRFstarIII chipset, probably with a new SiRFstarIII-LT chipset. The SiRFstarIII-LT chipset consumes half the power compared to the SiRFstarIII chipset. The SiRFstar chipsets are 2-3 times more sensitive to satellite signals than the older chipsets.

Anyway, the excisting Vista/Legend C models are very good and practical units.

Otto

http://www.navigate3d.com

Edited by OttoLund

I recently purchased an ETrex and have been GeoCaching like crazy. I want a 60CS bad, but can't justify it with such a good ETrex. The batteries last forever, the response is good, it's accurate as anything else out there (accurate enough), it picks up a good signal, it has a gps based compass - speedometer - altimeter, it's waterprrof, and tough enough for the field. I mean what else could a guy want. The 60CS is definitely a better unit, but the better of the Etrex line (Legend and Vista) aren't playing around either...