Forgotten Caching Utility To Grab Web Pages

wingryder

Back before I was a member and started using P.Qs., I used a little program that let you grab the web page that held the cache description and send it to the Palm.

I have ran every google seach I can think of and cannot remember the name of the utility?

It was pretty slick.

Any help??

wingryer

You don't even need a program. Just display the page in printer friendly format. Highlight the entire page, copy and then paste to a "memo" format with the first word the waypoint name. Edit out any grapics or other trash and you will have MOST of the info you will need. Or as an alternative paste it into a Word document and edit it there before pasteing it into a Memo. Yeah I know it's not slick or fancy but it works.

Edited by two left feet

Yes Geoclipper is it. thank you for that.

The link to the author "rschoolf" seems to be dead but it was a pretty nifty program.

On the flip side I cannot believe I ever messed around with single cache downloads.

I never even read about a cache now until I am a mile or so away.. and deciding to do it

or ignore it.

thanks again

wingryder

I followed the link provided, but True Grid. While I did find the new site, I didn't see any mention of the "GeoClipper" application (though I might have missed it).

If anyone does want to give this application a try, I still have a copy on my home desktop that I'd be glad to share. You can contact me through my profile.

Edited by gnbrotz